• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slow Death Hooks

wannaeye

You can order online from Cabela's, but it may be easier to make your own. Pick up a pack of #2 aberdeens and grab a couple of needlenose & bend them up. May take a little experimenting to get them to run how you want, but shouldn't be too hard. I've bent a few up, but haven't had a chance to run them yet.

Gander Mtn.... We don't have em yet

Scheels.... On backorder

Fleet Farm... Back order since May 6th

Sportsmans Warehouse....A What Hook???

So I just placed an order with Cabelas, they say I'll get them next week.

After checking the Mustad web site they sure seem larger and thicker than a #2 Aberdeen???

Anyone actually use these yet???

"Slow death hooks" have been out for about 10 years now.

Thay are really called "Tru-Turn" hooks.

Mustad brand calls them "Slow death hooks".

They have been in high demand this year with all the advertising Mustad has done.

Look for the "Tru-Turn" hooks as they are very similar.

You can pull half a crawler threaded on one behind a bottom bouncer and it'll do a slow irradic spin. A good technique when you're dealing with a tough bite. The true turns have been around for years. The Muastad slow death hooks are a new addition and have a bit more of a bend in the hook. Just another tool for the fisherman's arsenal.