Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Lee

Pawlenty as VP?

85 posts in this topic

I don't know if many of you have been keeping track of the race at all, but now that Obama has clenched the Democratic nomination, there has been a renewed focus on who will be picked as Vice President on both sides of the ticket.

I don't know about any of you, but the talk of Gov. Tim Pawlenty being mentioned makes me take notice. What would any of you think about Pawlenty being McCain's running mate?

Personally, and I know I'm going to catch greef over this, I like T-Paw a lot. I think this guy is young and can be groomed to hit the white house. He's turned the budget around for the state. Folks don't like it because schools and so forth had cuts. I call that learning to leave in your means, I can't go to my boss and ask for a 10k raise every year cause I just had a kid. I like him and hope he goes far.

Sandmannd,

I have to agree with you 100%. The cuts were a necessary evil, look at meny of the schools, they were getting more and more money yet still many of them were still not performing any better.

I hope to see Pawlenty in the White House, infact I would like to see him run for President in the future.

Naw, He lied about reciprocity. Sorry but no forgiveness here.

What? Please explain.

No surprise, Pawlenty has been high on the list for a long time. He's been out on the campaign as well as being a big voice among governors.

Originally Posted By: gunflint

What? Please explain.

Yea, I'd like to hear more.

With the economy being the No. 1 consideration among the majority of Americans (even more than the war) and McCain already acknowledging publicly that he's weak in that area, he will likely pick someone with a lot of experience in the economy and other domestic issues.

Not sure if TPaw has the muscle McCain needs in those specialties, even though he's a handsome guy who speaks well, looks good in a suit and likely has a bright career in national politics ahead of him.

Originally Posted By: deerhuntr8
Originally Posted By: gunflint

What? Please explain.

Yea, I'd like to hear more.

I would have to say he is referring to Pawlenty’s stance on gun control (conceal and carry) reciprocity issues during his election and then after being elected, doing a 180 on the issue. Basically losing a huge chunk of republican conceal and carry voters, because he lied right to their faces on this issue. Also their might have been a lot of campaign funding from these groups to Pawlenty and he blew them off in the end.

If I think anything, I think Pawlenty started the rumor of VPing him self. I would see Huckyboy as more of a leading candidate for the job. Just my opinion. We will let Mcane, the Republican Party and their lawyers decide who is best.

We will let Mcane, the Republican Party and their lawyers decide who is best.

You bet. But we will have plenty to say about it in the meanwhile. We always do. gringrin

I am sure he was mentioned since he was one of McCain's campaign managers, and he is doing relatively well in a Dem dominated state. That being said, I think McCain will and should choose somebody with more economic backgound. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Romney, not only because of his economic/finance background, but also because he would pull in the Conservative vote that McCain struggles to get. That would be a pretty well rounded ticket, since McCain is strong with the military and moderates.

If Pawlenty is the VP candidate I won't support the ticket. I 've met the guy a few times and I think he's a weaselly lightweight that doesn't give a darn about anyplace out of the Metro-Area.

If Pawlenty is the VP candidate I won't support the ticket. I 've met the guy a few times and I think he's a weaselly lightweight that doesn't give a darn about anyplace out of the Metro-Area.

He dosent care about the metro either.

Quote:

Shack, I have a lot of respect for you, but when have these jokers ever decided who is best? Look at the schmucks running for office this year alone and the last several elections for that matter. laugh

Originally Posted By: shackbash

You bet. But we will have plenty to say about it in the meanwhile. We always do. gringrin

Yes we do! grin

Well thanks Shane!

I figure I would state that, because during the vetting process, those three are the ones who decide which running mate the presidential candidate is going to have. I guess a team of “top notch” lawyers does major back ground work on a potential running mate, so as that person does not have any hidden “issues” that pop up towards of the end of the election.

In the end that’s what it ends up to be!

Maybe Pawlenty would make a good potential running mate, but I personally feel there are others that would fit the bill better. Like STFC said, maybe in 2012 or 2016. Who knows, Mcane could announce in Aug. or Sept. Pawlenty is his guy.

I am just going to write in Howard Stern for Prez, with Robin as his running mate. LOL grin

Sorry, Yes I was referring to the conceal and carry issue. Also the "No Tax Increase" Governor did a number on smokers.

Sorry, Yes I was referring to the conceal and carry issue. Also the "No Tax Increase" Governor did a number on smokers.

He has done a lot of things I don't agree with also.

Name a politician (like him or hate him) that hadn't done something you don't agree with. I don't think such a person exists. IMO.

Personally I think Obama should choose Hulk Hogan and McCain should choose Jesse the Body

Personally I think Obama should choose Hulk Hogan and McCain should choose Jesse the Body

soon, i will figure out that is not a bug on my screen and quit flicking it.

At least if he was VP we would have a new Governor.

I hear the dems have been grooming Steve "hottub" Bosaker for the job. grin

T-Paw has really gutted the state. Sure there was a lot of waste, and it needed to be gotten rid of. But his approach is akin to decapitation to solve dandruff. His cuts, particularly in education will be felt by the state for a generation. I am so thankful that I got out of public schools before T-Paw gutted them, and grateful that I don't have to send my kids to one either.

My mother in law is an art teacher and she is buying art supplies out of her own pocket, a friend of mine is a teacher and he gets laid off every summer so they can exploit a hole in the contract to not offer him tenure so the district can afford to keep the school open, my friend just had his kid's advanced programs in math and science cut. We are going from a world class education system to a second class one under the 'leadership' of this guy.

I appreciate his philosophy of wanting to control spending, but the execution is killing the [future] greatness of the state. if he is that concerned about controlling costs he should get a job at the auditor's office, not set the agenda for the state.

I think he is a short sighted fool.