Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nater

Miss. River for opener?

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the late spring and the conditions on the lakes compared to the Mississippi river for example. I would expect that the muskies might be more active in the river. Is anyone else thinking about fishing a river over a lake for opener?

I guess for me I don't have a lot of options in the St Cloud area so I was maybe thinking about hitting the river instead. It sounds like around the Blanchard Dam there are some in there. Anyway, I wanted to throw it out there and see what you guys think.

Good luck to all on opener.

The river in my area has just gone down the past few days to about normal depth. Lots of curent still move thru so im not sure if it is worth it yet. Ill be on a lake for opener. Heard thru the grape vine the the bass men have been seeing and even hooking up with a few. 3 Days and counting. Thinking about heading out after I get off work Friday night and fishing till day break. Gots to work a 2 pm on Saturday and im not going to be able to sleep anyways so I mite as well go fishing. HAHAHAHAHA

Duck

Yeah if the river is high maybe I might opt out of fishing it. I definitely want to fish it more this summer though. Wow that is dedication! Hopefully you stocked up on your energy drinks.

Up here, the river is almost impossible to fish. The water is moving fast and the clarity is little to nothing. The rain to come this week is going to make the river a torrent. In my opinion, its not even worth the time

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   I would definitely get the one with the Pheasant plowing attachment! Beats walking the fields!
    • Never getting rid of my Suburban. Just looking for a new toy for hunting etc. that I can drive down narrow dirt roads up north. Another reason why I would rather buy a slightly used one so I can use it without worrying about putting a few scratches on it. Those side by sides look like fun but you have to haul them around and cant drive them everywhere. And they just aren't built to take what a Jeep can. Always kind of liked the looks of Jeeps and being able to remove the top in the summer is nice to. Would definitely want a hard top to as the soft tops aren't to good for MN winters. I'm sure the newer ones have better heaters than the older ones as I remember back in the day guys were dressed like they were snowmobiling while driving their Jeep. And scraping frost off of the window to see.
    • I went through the same thing. I had ATV's at first then bought an RZR. It was fun but honestly the quality for the price is pretty bad. You can go up to a Can Am but then the price is even worse. So a few years after I sold the RZR I got the itch again but then started looking at the Wranglers and ended up doing that. I bought a 2006 with the 4.0 and after that and buying a used 6.6' plow I was into it for less than 13.5k and can drive it everywhere.   I have the hardtop on mine. I just take it off in the summer and drive it when it's nice. IMHO it's the way to go but you need to watch out for ones that are rusted out. I take the doors off, the top off and drive around sniping gophers, head to the lake or just cruise around. I like the 32" BFG KO tires.     
    •   What's a big guy like you going to do with a little SUV?  Your still keeping the truck to pull that new trailer right?
    • Good luck, have fun and stay topside this time of year.
    • Did you have to sand in between coats of lacquer? I was going to use a pre catalyzed lacquer for a little more durability, but it seems like it would take forever to get in all of the grooves. 
    • Some of the older ones had a 4 cylinder. Think the new ones only have a 6 now.
    • White pine needs bud caps to survive.     DNR had this publication you might find interesting managing_woodland_deer.pdf   Here is another link.... from extension   http://www.myminnesotawoods.umn.edu/2007/04/minnesota-woodlands-and-wildlife-strategies-and-species/   Balsam fir and spruce are good if we ever have another bad winter....
  • Our Sponsors