Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Minnesota Fats

Etec Idle Speed

4 posts in this topic

Is there any way to verify idle speed (or even better reprogram it) on an E-tec without going to a dealer? Each adjustment is a 20 mile round trip and it's getting a little old!

I know this fuel injection deal is great but I'm longing for the days of the idle screw right now.

I think you're stuck with going to the dealer, unless you by the harness & program to connect to the motor.

marine_man

That is what i figured... I took it over there and asked them to up the rpms by 200. It was running when they changed it, and i heard the rpms actually increase. Then, when I got it home, I restarted it and it appears that it is back to where it was. Maybe he forgot to save the changes on the computer? Has anyone seen the EMM interface for E-tecs? Does it require a save changes?

I'd call the dealer and ask to talk to the service tech that you spoke to - he might be able to tell you quickly.

marine_man