• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Better than average outing last night

wastewaterguru

Thanks Aanderud for a great night last night. Pulled the anchor right at midnight after 6 flats, one big channel, and about 15 runs. We were three runs away from running out of bait and we brought a lot of bait.

Just so DTRO knows he isn't the only boat that can have nights with 15 runs. Brian and I missed a couple that were definately quality fish and Brian had one get off half way to the boat that was at least a 30 pounder. That was some of the best action I have had flatty fishing in a long time. Brian.....when are we going again?????

Here they are in consecutive order........

39 by 24 to start off the night at about 7:45PM

IMG_2805.jpg

18.5 by 10 ( a true hog)

IMG_2806.jpg

25 by 14

IMG_2807.jpg

21 by 12.5

IMG_2808.jpg

A fish around 34 inch length (that's a piece of cottonwood flying by in the foreground lit up by the flash)

IMG_2809.jpg

A sweet 40 by 25

IMG_2811.jpg

and a 32 by 19 channel that ate a bully. There is some blood on my hand, but anyone that fishes channels knows that when you hook them in the soft tissue under the jaw, they bleed pretty good for a few minutes. In no way was this fish mortally injured. He was very healthy when released and had stopped bleeding even before this picture was taken.

IMG_2812.jpg

Quote:
Brian had one get off half way to the boat that was at least a 30 pounder.

I think that happened once before to him this year! I know it happened to me and it does suckeggs!

Great report guys!

Thanks Aanderud for a great night last night. Pulled the anchor right at midnight after 6 flats, one big channel, and about 15 runs. We were three runs away from running out of bait and we brought a lot of bait.

Great post but it blows me away. I went home last night with a full bullhead bucket. I was out on the St Croix with 2 other guys and we had 6 lines in the water from 1915 - 2300 and we were "skunked". Not even a clicker run. We moved 4 times and worked bullheads and cut sucker with "NOTHING - Nada - Zero - Shutout". And then the Twins lost on top of it. Nice night to be out but the fishing sucked.

WWG and Brian - You are the Catmen. After looking at your post I'm heading out tonight again. Just gotta think positive. Way to keep the fire alive, guys.

That is pretty rare to get into them like that. I had one night last year with 4 guys in the boat where we had 10 fish and quit for the night only when we ran out of bait.

We had two runs as we were getting ready to pull out of there at midnight and missed them both. That really stunk.....it easily could have been a 12 to 15 fish night if we hadn't missed the hookset on the other 8 runs we had.

Those are the nights that keep me excited about fishing. Never went more than 20 or 25 minutes without a bite.

I am ready for the next one.

Pretty sure that was the first night I saw more than 2 flatheads in the boat, out of 7 outings in the past 2.5 weeks. In fact, I personally had been skunked 5 of the past 6 outings, with the only non-skunkage being a tiny 8 lb flathead an a decent 11 lb channel one evening...so I was definitely stoked when we started seeing action 20 minutes after pulling up to our spot last night.

Next time I'll get the quality fish IN the boat! smile

Can anyone tell me why on god's green earth I turned down last nights trip?

Oh dat's right,,,Fishing God's HATE ME!!!! LOL!

Congrats guys,

Your stories and photo's really do help me stay somewat sane.

That is pretty rare to get into them like that. I had one night last year with 4 guys in the boat where we had 10 fish and quit for the night only when we ran out of bait.

Phil......since the last time I had action like that was that night with you and your buds last year.....you are always welcome in my boat....although it is a little tougher to fish with four guys in the new cat rig.