• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Truck for towing

no one will argue with that DAD.... it's just for guys like me, for the amount of loaded milage we put on in a year, the diesel is something we all would love to have, but can't justify the cost. for those racking up thousands of loaded miles, it would pay off.

I hear ya on the cost. Fuel cost is a wash, maintanence costs are similar and what you're left with is the net cost of purchasing the diesel engine/better transmission or roughly $4K over the life of the truck. So is having the Diesel/decent transmission (Allison) worth $500/yr ($8K price difference-$4K residual/8year life span of truck)? I think so, YMMV. Of course we're talking about toys here, there are no boat's, ATV's, 5th wheels, or any of our other toys that would pass muster on a cost basis. It is much cheaper to buy walleye from a store than to catch it.

It is much cheaper to buy walleye from a store than to catch it.

You've got that right D A D !! if you calculate the $$ per pound of that walleye, you could eat at a 5 star restaurant all your life and still save money !!! grin