• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reliable shop in Vadnais Hts/ St. paul area?

Hey all. I'm looking at a 17 ft crestliner with an electric start 35HP tiller johnson that starts and cuts off and won't stay running according to the owner.

The owner says it needs a tune up. He has agreed to allow me to take the boat in for an estimate of how much it might cost to fix the problem or the so call "tune up" any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

I have no clue about where to even begin looking for a reliable boat shop. Can someone give me some pointers or where they've gone and had decent service thanks!

Ditto to Gary at Nelson, and only over in WBL so very close.

I have that motor actually, and my guess is that you need the carb cleaned, new spark plug and new gas. Then it will run like a smokey little top smile just like mine. The keep running and running and running. I bet $200 very tops, but probably more like $150 for a full blown tune up on that motor. Just a guess though, maybe more for rebuilding the carb, but you could always try it yourself. They are less complicated than it sounds.

Good luck!