• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Don't stop shooting till the bird's gone

So often when photographing perched birds the photographer quits photographing when the bird leaps off the perch.

Not that this is an outstanding photograph of a chestnut-sided warbler, but had the bird turned its head even another 20 degrees toward the camera it would have been a real keeper.

Speaking of keepers, keep your shutter engaged when the bird takes off! gringringrin

Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, iso400, 1/3200 at f5.6, +2/3 exposure compensation off evaluative metering, handheld

2546665276_d9a1b5112b_o.jpg

Phhht, it'd take $640,000 to fuel the stupid thing every year. I must admit, however, that I'm coveting Bob Mattson's vintage Land Rover at Mattson Motors on the west edge of Ely. Not that he'd ever sell it, and it'd take me a week to razor blade all the bumper stickers off the windows, but can you imagine a more romantic guided photo excursion vehicle? All that would be missing would be the pair of cheetahs lounging on the roof and hood.

Uh, maybe substitute a few wolves for those cheetahs? gringrin

Sweet shot of a gorgeous bird springing into the air!

Beautiful dreamy look to it. Not at all a run-of-the-mill bird shot. A bit of work in levels and shadows/highlights and it would really pop. Nice stuff! gringrin