• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SD Cards for IFinder

uphill

Question

I purchased a 2GB SD card on sale at Office Depot. It is a "ativa" SD 60x high speed 2GB card. When I use my Map Create 6 to make a map I save it to the card however when I put the card in the GPS it does not go past the start up screen. Then it just keeps trying to re-boot. I have other chips "Lakemaster" and "Navionics" lake chips and I have made maps on previous chips with less memory and they all work. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Is there anyone else out there that has had the same thing happen to them? Please help Phil.

6 answers to this question

I had a similar problem when I tried to upgrade my I-finder software. Turns out I was also using a 2gb card, which I found out was too big of a card. I am sorry, I forgot what the limit was on card size...but it can be found on the Lowrance HSOforum. Down size the card and you shouldn't have any problems.

Update: Their HSOforum states that they have tested SD card up to 512mb. Anything larger than that could be a problem...as you described. I got this from the H2o I finder online owners info. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks everybody. I have used a 1gb card I guess I will just go get another one the only problem is that you can only use up to 5 cards with the program and I have lost all but my new card. So I will have to figure out how to register another card. Has anyone ran into that problem? I think I will just try re-installing the Map Create program again and see if that works other wise I will have to contact LEI. Thanks again Phil.