• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My bow strings....

Heck I have a good compound bow but the string twists. I have a D-loop and a wrist strap release and everyshot the loop is 180 backwards every time. Is this bad?

Thanks

Do the strings continue to twist even after you've realigned the d-loop?

Once broken in, most high quality strings twist very little. On my bow I've had the same strings for 1.5yrs with way too many shots to count and my string has only twisted about 1/4 turn since I had the peep installed. My peep is one that does not use tubing, so if my string was twisting, I would know cause I wouldn't be able to see through it.

If it continues to twist then its time to replace them.

I'm gonna say I'm retarded...

#1 I prolly posted this in the wrong section...sorry

#2 I havn't tried to realign the D-loop....DOH!

I just grab it with my release, when I draw back it pulls it straight. The D-loop is tight and I dunno if I can re-align it. I have a tube on the peep and my son has one like yours.

My tube has broke a few times. Anyway, the string has been twisting since last year , but I do get decent groups. it's just a scarry thought of drawing down on an animal and to think I could avoid a mishap. I'm not into unethical treatment of animals as I am a big promoter of humane treatment, including a quick kill not to mention my own safety...I plan on hunting with it this year.

What kind of string do you all recommend?

You would get more responses in the archery forum.. Aftermarket strings will help..

It might be as easy as adjusting the d-loop.. I myself would take it to a proshop and have them either re-seat the peep in the other direction(since you said it was perfectly backwards) or have them twist the string a time or 2...

As for stings..

winners choice are probably the most popular, but there are a ton of good aftermarket strings.. they are not cheap to get good ones, expect to pay close to $100 for new stings and cables.

Thank you sir,

There's a pro shop out towards Mora on 65 I think. I have seen a huge arrow on their building. Heck one time I saw about 60 deer carcuses pilled up there too...LOL

I bet they could help me.

---------

If the string is in good shape yet, like mentioned just put a twist in it until it becomes realligned. You'll need access to a bowpress unfortunately. Otherwise it may be a good time to just have the string/cable replaced. Winner's Choice & Vapor Trail are good places to start or even Stone Mountain if you don't want to break the bank.