• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Net?

Is there such a thing? I want to get a net that I can use from shore to help land Carp. I look online and all I can find is nets from the UK. I read that the free flow nets are best?

And I don't really want to lug a large landing net down to the river, so maybe a telescoping or collapsible net? Any ideas? Expensive? or should I just drag em up on shore to unhook them? I would rather use a net.

Thanks..

Hello. Well you will need a net large enough to accommodate the fish. Also look for a net with a soft fine mesh that will not harm the skin or fins of the fish. I use a carp specific net, 6 foot handle, with a 42" wide net head. It works rather well actually. If I'm fishing an area where I can't use the long handle I will just use the net head without the handle. The net head folds up small, except for the handle which you can't reduce its size.

If you don't want a large net like I described there are smaller nets available. I believe Cabelas has a telescoping net that looks pretty good, not sure if its large enough for carp. PSfishing also carries carp safe fishing nets. Check them out online to see if they have something you would like.

The only time I use a net is if I'm going to weight and/or take a picture of the fish. If not then I just unhook the carp while it is still in the water.

Hopefully this helps you out some.

from shore i would think a net would be almost useless since you can beach or grab them, but i used to fish carp from marinas and docks and getting a big ol carp out of the water was almost imposible so i bought a large trolling net, the ones with a flat surface on the end of the net. if you want a net for shore this would be it cause it is flat instead of round so you can rest the flat area of the net on the bottom and scoop the fish, the round nets wouldn't allow you to get the whole net diameter in the water.

i014870sq01dr3.jpg