• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many rods do you have

73mrpike

hi i have 3 rods total 1 is a mh pike rod 2a 6'6med for pike for the wife and doubles as a panfish rod 3 a 6'6 ml rod for panfish i used to have 10 rods but i sold the cheaper ones and like the better ones. and when you dont have many you really take good care of them how many do you have am i alone with so few

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, a 10' fly rod, a 6' ML always rigged with a slip bobber (for anything from worms to suckers), another 6'6" ML for small spinners and jigs, a 6'6" M for just about everything, a 6'6" H for lighter muskie baits, and a 7' Muskie H for the heavy muskie gear. Basically I have a rod for each weight class of lures with a little overlap between. I generally only have 2 with at a time depending on what lake I'm fishing. I may add another XH for the really big muskie baits (some guys are throwing up to 16 ounces).

Probably less than Deitz but not much - somewhere in the low 20's I'd guess. Mostly bass sticks with a cheap muskie rod and a handful of panfish/crappie sticks to round it out. They range in size from 7 ft to 5 ft 6 in and awt any given time there are at least a dozen in the boat with me although mostly 7-8 are out on the deck and the rest in the rod lockers.

Only 7 for me right now, but one of my buddies has some rediculous amount. He keeps around 20-30 at his residence in a shed and another 30+ at his cabin up north. Values range from Zebco 202s to high end quantum. The most amazing part to me is that he continues to purchase new ones each year and he fishes maybe 2-3 times a year. Still trying to figure this one out.....

I own four right now...

1 - 6'0 St. Croix Premier Medium action which is used only with a slip bobber.

1 - 6'8 St. Croix Avid Medium action for just about everything.

1 - 5' St. Croix Premier Ultralight for trout fishing

1 - 5' G Loomis Ultralight for trout

I am working getting a 6'6 ML spinning that I don’t know what I will set it up for yet. Also looking at a 7' MH Baitcaster for trolling.

The ones that I mainly use are:

1 - 6'6 Loomis for Lindys

1 - 6'2 Loomis for jigging

1 - 6' St. Croix Ultralight

1 - 6' St. Croix casting

1 - 6'6 St. Croix for muskies

1 - 7'6 Cabelas for Muskies

I have a handfull of other rods that are "the loaners" for when other people go with that don't have rods.

About a dozen or so that I use regularly, couple muskie rods, some trolling setups with line counters and some setups for planer boards or leadcore, an UL, and about a half-dozen spinning and casting combos that get used for walleye, pike and bass.

Also have a handful of rods that my wife and kids use.

Only 11 but, I'm not done buying them yet grin I'm in the process of replacing my lower end rods with higher end ones.

GLoomis: 1-7' ML rigging rod and I'm picking up a 6-6 UL tonight

St Criox: 1-6'6" ML rig/jig, 1-6'10" H Musky

Guide Series: 1-7' M casting (bottom bouncer), 2-7' MH Casting Bass/northern,1-6' jigging, 2-6'6" Bobber rods.

Rapala: 1-5' UL panfish

ugg..........A rough count in my head puts me at 32 of course not all of these have reels on them at the moment (but I have a lot of reels not on rods) This includes Bass, Steelhead, Muskie, UL's, Fly....and everything in between.

One less than I will next month!! Actual count is 29 of which I still use 18. I have 5 sons and "their" rods sit in the garage - I of course paid for them. Here's the fun part I have 36 reels. Some of the rods do double duty - leadcore one day, 3way the next. And then there is ice fishing....

10 Combo's that I use regularly:

7' M Fenwick HMG w/ Shimano Saros - crankbaits mostly

6'8" M St Croix Avid w/ Shimano Stradic - larger plastics & spinners

6'6" ML Fenwick HMG w/ Shimano Stadic - smaller cranks & plastics

6'6" ML Shimano Compre w/ Abu 502 - Lindy rigging

6' ML Shimano Compre w/ Pflueger Supreme - vertical jigging

6' UL Mr Walley w/ Pflueger Trion - panfish

5'6 UL Berkley Tactix w/ Pflueger Trion - panfish

8'6' ML Diawa Firewolf w/ Sealine 17 Line counter - Trolling

7' M Gander Pro Select w/ Pflueger President Baitcaster - still figuring this one out.

7' H Berkley Lightning 2/ Abu 5500 Baitcaster - for big stuff

Have about 10 other combos I don't use any more - keep on hand when other family/freinds need something to borrow.