• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Womens GTG

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so chomping at the bit. I will have an electric griddle and bring batter for a fish fry on Saturday night. I've got a canopy so if it rains we'll still be able to stay a bit dry. I'm bringing some steaks for the bbq Lisa, can't pass that up! We sure won't go hungry. Oh gosh...how quick can Friday get here!

teresa - yes to the kayak. I'll have 2 there. Donna's is a great beginners yak and also has a rod holder on it. The weather is looking great for this weekend. Mornings and evenings the winds should be calm enough for some yak fishing !!!

I eat real simple when camping so I'll have some hot dogs to throw on the grill, to go with my margarita laugh

I am going up thurs after work and also have a canopy, but don't think we'll be needing them grin

Anyone hear any reports as to what is working out there lately. Leeches, crawlers, crankbaits ???

Mayflies yet ??

I am totaly looking forward to this. laugh

ok then i will stir a bit more.in about 19 hours from now i will be at the cabin sitting at the table with a cup of joe trying to figure out what lakes to fish, i hate all that pressure. any help would be considered. n0te; i posted this on the deer river site also.

I've been busy packing! I'm getting pretty excited too! My next step here is to set up my tent on the deck to make sure everything's there. Hopefully we won't be needing our rain fly's! eek There's still a chance of thunderstorms in the Mille Lacs area the next couple days but only 20% with mid to lower 70's. That sounds more like summer than what Carlton's been having!

I think my father will be smiling down on me this weekend knowing that I am enjoying something that he taught me a long time ago. Hey...it's not husbands day anyway, so the better halves are the ones fishing....not the ones left to assure dinner on the table upon our returns..they would be considered the left overs. Now....that being said. Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there, whithout them, well, we just wouldn't be here. smile

boys....tread lightly. I have my flu flu's and Lisa is armed with fish nets. We're taking father's day to a whole new level.

Ladies, I think Saturday night we should share father's stories. And....maybe a beer.

I just got my tent up! I didn't put the rain fly on it yet but how hard can that be? Yay Lisa! gringringrin

I'm sure after this weekend teresa, you're gonna wish I wouldn't share so much!! blushgrin I'm teasing...but as you can tell I'm not super shy. grin I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I hope I have enough stuff packed. I'll be buying leeches when I get down there.

yea I think thats what those straps are for - shocked

I can't wait you guys, its going to be a great time!!!

I'm not headed up tonight, but I'll be leaving very early tomorrow morning.

See ya all tomorrow, grin - yippy

I spent the day, cleaning the boat, put on an anchormate (trust me a tough job with the old grouch standing around telling me what to do), cleaned the car, made potato salad, washed clothes, went through our rods and realized most of them are junk (I feel a shopping spree coming), now I am going to spool a reel, tie some snells, organize the tackle box a little better and crash. I have to make a side trip to Mora but should be up in the afternoon.