• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Womens GTG

On the list are

> Tami ( reelemin)

> Lisa

> Barb (lambjm )

> Hope (hopeforfish)

> Char (fishnovice101)

> Teresa

> - who am I missing - ??

I belive you are missing Denise.

So looking forward to this. I told my husband today that I'm doing this. He asked how I'll be fishing - I told him 'with my boat of course'. He acted like a baby that had his candy taken away!! Pretty funny. Wants to know what he will do if he wants to go fishing too. Well we have a 14ft Alumacraft w/25hp Evinrude. Guess he'll have to use that one. He he he!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've invited a friend to meet me there, so Teresa +1....she fishes! I'm bringing the pop up since I have it...and prefer a bed to the hard ground. I too have a lantern, cook stove, lots of plastic dishwear. I think the pontoon sounds awesome...and then fish from boats later. I'll be up mid to late afternoon on Friday. I'll bring a canopy too. I am pretty excited! Are we fishing for anything in particular? Walleyes? Crappies? I hope no one is offended if I keep my catch. I can filet pretty quick.

Tersa - we'll be fishing for walleye mainly. May go for some small mouth bass mid day when the walleye bite slows.

The methods that are productive right now are,

- lindy rigging w/leech or crawler

- bobber w/leech

- trolling w/leech or crawler

if you don't have bobber rigs, lindy rigs or trolling harness made I can show you or anyone else how to make them.

you'll need:

- line - fireline 6#

- #2 hooks ( green or red )

- beads - gold and red are working right now

- blades - # 2 or 3 - gold or silver will work fine.

- lindy weights and bottom bouncer weights

For smallies - I use soft swim baits alot, plastics texas rigged, and some crank baits.

Hey Ladies.

the weekend weather is shaping up to a great weekend for walleye fishing. grin

Anyone heard anything about the mayfly hatch?

Are they hatching anywhere up north yet?

Hey Ladies,

So sorry for the late response - I've been at the lake fishing smile

Unfortunately, my family as changed the plans for Father's day and so I won't be able to make it to the GTG. I'm really bummed as my 21 yr old daughter was hoping to make it too. I will anxiously await the next one.

I'm with the all of you on the crappie fishing. Caught a 14" yesterday as we fished in the sprinkling rain. It is as round as a dinner plate. I will try to post pics later today. Kept her to hang on the wall.

Have a great weekend!

Denise

just thought id drop in and say have a good time, be safe and leave a couple fish in the lake for seed. also us nosey men would like to know how ya all did so post a report.

just thought id drop in and say have a good time, be safe and leave a couple fish in the lake for seed. also us nosey men would like to know how ya all did so post a report.

Yeah, we want to see pics of all those fish too Lisa.

Denise, you will be missed! I forget it's Father's Day this weekend.

Good job on that crappie! I love crappie fishing too. Can't wait to see you pics.

Heck if all the men can head out for opener on Mother's Day weekend we can desert them for the big fish on Father's Day weekend. laugh

lambjm, i didnt leave my wife at home, i took her fishing with me. your leaving them fend for themsevles while yous are having fun. think of all the dishes, the dirty laundry laying around and the way the house will look when you get home sunday nite. am i making any of you feel quilty yet?????? just kidding, again have a good time, im sure they will survive.

When we lived in Ramsey I never saw the garage floor for 20 years. Now I have dominion over the garage and have been working on getting it organized and efficient. When we moved up here I had a 30x32 built and it better stay clean or someone I know will be swimming with the fishes!

does he read the fm forums? you said you lived in ramsey at one time, i currently work in ramsey right off alpine drive and hwy 10 at the union hall. theres a golf course just to the east.

I like your reply about Father's Day Barb! I think our partners will be just fine without us for a couple days,right? Isn't it supposed to make the heart grow fonder? grin

Heck, being away for the weekend might be the best gift you can give 'em. shocked Yea, I went there!! laugh

Just giving you guys a hard time. Have fun out there. Wish my wife was as into fishing as you girls are.