Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Markley

Non-Floating Line

4 posts in this topic

I need some fishing line that does not float like Power-Pro. What do you guys suggest? I would like to use Sufix or P-line brand if possible.

I believe all the flurocarbon lines sink---at least the ones I have tried did.

What are you looking to do with it? Leadcore works pretty good for trolling.

Like stated in the 2 above posts, it really depends on why you need the line to sink?... leadcore for one, but its not a casting line by any means.. just for trolling..

Other than that the only other line that will sink is 100% florocarbon.. Mono or copoly usually floats. Both Sufix and P-line I believe make a 100% florocarbon line, but keep in mind they also make a copoly so make sure you are buying the right stuff.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Thanks for the offer and info.  I will have to get out and look around at some. I'm picky and willing to wait till I find that cherry rig to come around so I might not be getting one for a while. Which is OK because I'm in no hurry.
    • little early fer that fish aint it!!!!!! I wanna see pictures of you camping come tomorrow morning when da blizzard comes thru!!!!!!!!!!!! nice pictures though!!!!!!!!!!!
    • whitefish maybe? 
    • If I understand correctly this only for bows. I have a crossbow and from what I understand it is considered a firearm. Is that the case? My son has a bow and has the archery tag.
    • so ... dillon has a bird to enter and 1957 is still hunting? looks like we are in good shape, but lot of guys still hunting in MN and WI, i assume   ended my season friday. got the blind set up before the shower started. it quit right before sunrise time and there was lots of gobbling on the roost a couple hundred yards away but none where i heard them close by when scouting a couple days earlier. a few distant gobbles on the ground, then nothing after the rain and wind picked up again. finally saw a hen step out of the woods about 830 and start heading toward me. soft yelps kept her coming, then out steps a big tom and several more hens heading my way but when they got to an opening in the fence from the stalk field into another timber, the tom paused, i had the bead on him, decided it was too far, and then they were gone the rain quit a half hour later and i ramped up the calling with some louder yelps and cutts. a few minutes later a head comes over a rise in the field and its a solo tom. he ignored the dekes and headed toward the fence gap where the others went, stopped and fanned without gobbling, but some soft yelps, clucks and purrs kept him coming my way. dropped him at 40 yards after stepping it off to where he lay, i kept going to where the other tom left the field and it was 55 big steps, so glad i didnt shoot went 23, 10, 1 but the rain cut loose again on the way back to the truck so i didnt take pictures  
    • If you were anywhere close to southern Minny I would invite you over and let you drive mine and show you the things I look for both in the jeep and plow since mine seems pretty close to what you are looking for. If you have any questions PM me.
    • Good luck PFUNK! Looking like that will be my next day out too. forecast looks good as well!
    • I think the TJ might be the best choice with the 4.0 which is what I did.I bought the plow used after the fact. I got the plow for 1200 but the wiring was not good nor was the mount so I had a new custom, heavier duty mount made at a fab shop and I bought a brand new wiring kit from Western. I also bought all stainless bolts for it so there are no rust issues with them. Wiring the plow was a task. I basically had to remove the entire interior including console, seats and many dash parts to run the wiring.   One thing to consider- There is really very little room for much of anything in them. Running new wires, adding a speaker anywhere or even having 2 guys, 2 guns, a dog and a cooler is a tight fit. The back seat works for kids but not adults and mostly I take my back seat out so I have at least some room to put stuff. Running the wiring to run the plow took probably 8 hours or more spread over a few days and for a bigger guy it's pretty much impossible to reach under the dash and run wires,connect to fuse blocks even with the seat removed.    But the ability to take off the top and cruise the gravel roads with no doors while hunting is not possible in basically any other vehicle except maybe a Manx Dune buggy which has also been on my bucket list and those aren't 4x4. 
  • Our Sponsors