• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A couple more custom topwaters

sick i'm feeling too cruddy to fish so...here's two more Custom Topwalkers i made up. first is five fluorescent colors in red,pink,chartreuse,orange and green, all highlighted in deep black. the pattern i call ''firesnake''. it's got a chartreuse/black and white tail. 3 coats of epoxy. wolverine triple wrap splitrings 3/0 4X VMC hooks, the second is an experiment in coating i tried and the result was what i hoped.it's black with flo-orange Glow glitter (glow was the experiment)2 coats of epoxy, black/flo-orange/chartreuse tail, spro splitrings, eagle claw 3/0 big game hooks,both are 500 lb. tensil .051 SS wire. thanks for looking.

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

both are western red cedar, oil soaked. and thanks for the kudos man. smile a few nicks here and there in the snake from dropping the darn thing going downstairs before the epoxy but oh well. three coats epoxy and it's ok now. grin gotta love worm proof.

thanks Harvey, upnorth, cooter(hazard county??), and Reb>>>. no cooter i did'nt cut it. easier to just buy these things. they come flat and need to be bent. there are a few i've made only because they don't make the size i need. matter of fact i'm working on an 18'' lure, sort of like a wishmaster but different, that will have a cutout aluminum lip with stainless on front and back with fluorescent epoxy filling the gap from side to side around the curve.. i will make the lip. did smaller ones by modifying existing stock, this will be from scratch. using acrylic sheet in the rough draft to get the weight right, then i'll get on it. slow process because i gotta work too mad . anyway they're .025 if i remember right, mabe .030. been awhile, i'll update when i see the order form, ''if'' i see it, lol.

hey reb. long time no write man. how's the boat? my last computer fried right after a dentist bill and my dog got sick so i was out of commish for a bit here and lost track. i aint suppose to try and peddle here i think, but if i were to make a pink one how's this sound. i'm going on how i read you and your style. also especially for the ''Big Pond''. here goes... super fat, say around 1 1/2''s, mabe 1 3/8''s, right at 4''s for the body, mabe 3 7/8''s long. this would make a very large head and a fat tail on it.(the body tail). oil soaked, primed,and base coated with off white and bright white. then coated with clear. then painted with fluorescent pink over the base colors then clear again. because of the contrasting (semi bright, bright) base colors this creates two different shades of pink, one fluro bright the other just pink to our eyes, but without losing ultraviolet reflection to a fishes eyes just shades of reflection. then the final coat done up in my favorite ... yup you guessed it... ''firesnake'' with a deep black for perfect contrast. then triple coated in epoxy like the one above for a deep lustre. three spring tied tail in two colors of pink, white, and a mild black accent, all marabou, or if your a hair guy(don't know) in bucktail. Red 3/0 VMC 4X hooks held on by wolvering triple wrap splitrings. with everything held together by 500 lb. tensil .051 stainless steel wire going through stainless steel rivet bearings??? grin i'm getting hungry for some reason. thanks again all and good luck

Hey BIG... definitely sounds sweet... email me at [email protected] then we can talk more about those topwaters... otherwise we'd be violating TOS if we discussed this further grin

Boat is progressing good... long slowly but good... I posted some updated pics over in the boat/motor forum in my posting... If you got any advices based on what you see in the new pics... lemme know!!!

reb, shot you a mail.

cooter, nothing but epoxy on the smaller blades. epoxied into the crevice then three coats of epoxy over the top. see it clear as day but it's buried pretty good. i have and do put them in when i offer and they say yes. the larger tallywacker blade requires screws because of the way it sits inside the crevice. smile these are one of several styles of construction i use for this lure. some i use no paint, just special colored epoxies for color. made some pretty wild stuff this way. i'll get up a pic or two next time i make a few. happy building!! whistle

here's a few more i just finishedup ( rebel if your there i FINALLY found that Fushia,man that was tough smile ) these three are two i made and one old bobbie bait globe that was in need of repair, of course i modified it. the second globe is one i made on a whim because i wanted a little fatter tail section than the bobbie. the third is one of my favorite contrast styles in orange and black i call ''Orca''... lol... all are orange and black i guess.i've done the orca in yellow/black, green/yellow, blue/white, red/white black/yellow/orange and all sorts of combo's. always looks great i think. all colors are normally epoxy but i've decided to use a base coat in paint for a deeper look....

first the bobbie...

i call it simply ''Swirl'' pattern

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00311.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

mine, the head is called ''firestorm'' the body is ''firesnake'' patterns

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00262-1.jpg

and the ''Orca''

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

thanks for looking smile

b1gf1sh1,

If I can make a suggestion, can you posted your pics in a smaller format? It would be easier to view them in most cases. Where most folks have their display resolution set at you have to go to the bottom of the post and scroll back and forth to see the pic and you can't see the whole thing at once. I know a few may have the resolution set high enough to see the whole pic at once, but I am guessing most don't

You do nice work and it would cool to see it all at one time.

lol. i guess i've been posting them judging by my computer. i will from now on. what size do you suggest? mabe i'll redo it later, right now i'm getting ready to go cat hunting.

also on the bottom right corner of my internet explorer screen theres a zoom in zoom out feature i use when i want a smaller view. this isn't standard? spose if i post smaller members can zoom in too. so again, what size you think?

640 x 480 would probably work better. You are now 1010 x 758. The display properties on my laptop right now are 1024 X 768, and that is a pretty common setting. That doesn't much leave room on the side for sidebars etc which some you can't turn off.

I use firefox myself and I know more than a few are making the switch where they can. Firefox's tabbed browsing works much better than IE, at least I think so.

i did identical posts for must keep colors. 11 forums in all from the metro north to LOTW. the winning colors after 24 hours was black and orange. so i figured i'd pull one of my favorite lures from my private stash and share it. i call it ''Star Factory''. first i'll appologize for the amount of pics, it's just got so many angles it took 10 to get most of it. lures like this take an extraordinary long time to complete. i hope you like it. it's not all blk/orng. in fact it's a meld of 11 colors but dominant blk/orng. very nice contrast i think...

DSC00362-1.jpg

DSC00363-1.jpg

DSC00366-1.jpg

DSC00367-1.jpg

DSC00368-1.jpg

DSC00369-1.jpg

DSC00370-1.jpg

DSC00371-1.jpg

DSC00372-1.jpg

DSC00373-1.jpg

Quote:
well rolf passed away...

yes i know. sad deal. was only in his 50's too. true artist... personally i'll miss looking at his beautiful works of art. humanly i feel bad for his freinds and family. i read the tributes on wishmasters site and wished i could have known him.