• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Pics

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mature deer down here have lost most of their heavy fuzz, some of the smaller ones still have it though. I left my camera out for two weeks, last week in Aug, first in Sept. Checked them last Friday. 543 pictures of moving branches and card full after two days on camera 1, camera 2 had dead batteries and 7 pics on the same day. I'm thinking that I should be checking them once a week, especially if I'm sneaky.

does anyone have any buck pics of recent? I know the velvet should be off by now, but it was a late spring so I am wondering.

My latest pics have about 1/2 the bucks in velvet yet. Usually by now I'm only getting very few with velvet still on.

The three legger is awesome, I don't know if I could shoot him if he's made it this far. That ten has the body of an older deer,. Maybe its the way he's hunched up but he looks like he has a saggy belly. Another year would do him good, but I don't think I could pass.

If that 3 legger gets shot it won't be by me. Hopefully he beds down by me for the entire gun season. It would be neat to see what his rack would look like next year. My guess is that the injury occured last year but I believe his rack would be more normal next year if he were to make it through.

The 10 is nice but I'd like to see if he can get more mass and tine length if he gets another year. I have about 7 shots of him but I can't tell how wide he is. My guess is an inside spread of around 17-18 inches but I can't tell. If his spread is a little wider then I might be shooting if he wanders by.