• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Podcast #62 Muskie Opener W/Rob Kimm.

Great stuff!! I'd encourage you to take a few minutes and listen to this one, it'll hopefully pay dividends for you the early part of this season!

Good thing I found those Mag Reed Runners on clearance for $2.50 a piece!

I wish someone would be willing to type up transcript of this podcast for someone like me, Quack, and Matty to be able to read seeing how we're deaf... It certainly sounds very intriguing...

Hey Reb,

The current issue of Outdoor News has an article from Rob that covers the points of the cast quite well. It's pretty close to a transcript, and right from the source.

Points not in the article but in the Podcast were about avoiding stressing or even fishing for fish that are actively/visibly spawning, handling with care, pinching barbs, etc.

That should help you guys out and catch you all up to speed on the Podcast.

Interesting that Minnesota fish are still spawning. I read the Wisconsin DNR outdoor report and the Upper Chippewa fish actually spawned around the same time they normally do even in the cold water. They're best guess is the length of day was triggering spawning.

Hiya -

Sort of a [PoorWordUsage] shoot on the spawn I think. I can't remember what year it was, but the last time we had a cold, wet spring, we saw spawning muskies all over LoTWs during the Ontario opener (3rd week in June), and I actually saw muskies spawning on a Longville area lake in late June.

Leech lake strain muskies spawn twice, usually 7-10 days apart, so it's a pretty drawn-out affair. Hard to pin down when they're actually done.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm