• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lots of Action!

hanson

To quote Ed Norton from Rounders... "Lots of action, lots of action."

We couldn't keep them off the line last night. smile

37" x 20" = 20lbs to start the night!

053008chrishanson37x20fcu2.jpg

36" x 20" = 18lbs to follow that up!

053008chrishanson36x20fev9.jpg

31" x 18" = 13lbs to kick off Tom's season!

053008tomhatlestad31x18pz3.jpg

39" x 24" = 26lbs night capper!

053008chrishanson39x24ftr3.jpg

Good going guys!

Any night like that is great night!

Hanson's season is sure starting out different from last year! Mine starting out about the same cry. This was the first weekend in like 2 months I have not going crazy to get for cats, but I will also say I have not been this sick in like 2 years.

Sure is fun when you can not get out, reading posts like this!

Thanks!

Andy "Crazyice" Anderson made the trip up from Rochester to fish with me last night. Andy is still pretty new to the Flathead Catfish game so I hoped I could give him a few pointers.

Tornado Warning for Hennepin County looked like she might shut things down for us but I fished through a Tornado Warning on Friday night, why not another one? We had to wait out a downpour at the landing and then headed out. Once we got to our fishing spot, we had to tuck back up along the bank of the river AGAIN to escape more rain and quite a bit of lightning. Kids... don't try this at home. grin

Once it all passed, it was Game On!

Andy with Flathead #1 for the Night - 31" x 18" = 13 1/2lbs

This fish topped his personal best of 12lbs. (Another fish species for Rochester Angler Species Contest as well!)

kotcandyanderson31x18flap7.jpg

Tonight would be Andy's show!

Flathead #2 was 33-1/2" x 20" = 16lbs

Uppin' the Personal Best!

kotcandyanderson335x20ftp7.jpg

Another one for Andy

Flathead #3 was nearly a twin of the last one - 32" x 20" = 16lbs

kotcandyanderson32x20flfm6.jpg

Thank God I finally got in on the action. Was just netting fish until this one bit. grin

Hanson with a 39" x 24" = 28lbs

kotcchrishanson39x24flaaq7.jpg

Last but not least... one for the road at 3:15am for Andy!

ANOTHER new Personal Best! The PB was broken 3 times last night! grin

Flathead #4 for the man was 36" x 20" = 21lbs

kotcandyanderson36x21floj6.jpg

Andy was on fire last night!

- 3 KOTC Flathead Cat Entries

- 1 KOTC "Upgrade"

- Personal Best Flathead broken 3 times

What a great night! Other than the FOG. Good Lord was it soupy out there at 4am. I got a bit disoriented for a bit following the GPS trail. Darn near ran the boat into the bank trying to get my bearings. Might have been the thickest fog I've been in for a year now. Sure didn't think we'd have to put up with fog for awhile but the dew points and humidity levels have been sky high the last couple nights with all the rain and storms. Water temp is still 64 degrees. Be Careful!

What a great night it was! Again thanks Chris. I was actually just going to post the one and only pic I got with my camera before the battery went dead, but the job was already done.

Nice fish guys. We boated 4 flats and a couple channels last night. We also missed a couple runs and one break off. confused

Could've gotten taken out by an estimated 40 ft long tree floating, but we were warned of the fall down about 45 mins. before it made it down river to us. We thought our buddy was b s-ing a little on the size of this tree, but he wasn't the thing was huge! He heard some cracking and then a big splash, looked up and saw the thing floating away. Luckily for him he was posted up on the other side of the river. Once we seen it coming, we quickly pulled the anchor and motored into a creek.:o Quite a surprise at midnight.

You can say that 6 times fast Tom grin!

I fixed it. My boat might be hot but its not THAT hot. grin

FYI for you MN River Catters, the river is up nearly 3' since Friday and is coming up another 2' by Friday at the Jordan Gauge. It'll be time to start all over again finding the "hot spot" now that the water is up 5'. Whenever you think you got her figured out, she throws you a curve. frown

Quote:
FYI for you MN River Catters, the river is up nearly 3' since Friday and is coming up another 2' by Friday at the Jordan Gauge. It'll be time to start all over again finding the "hot spot" now that the water is up 5'. Whenever you think you got her figured out, she throws you a curve.

To add to that, the water is dirty, the current is flowing fast, there are many floaters , and the mosquitos are the worst I remember them in many years! I didnt go fishing last night, because I wanted some of the mosquito bites to dissappear before adding more. I will be out tonight, cant miss 2 nights in a row grin