Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hanson

Lots of Action!

To quote Ed Norton from Rounders... "Lots of action, lots of action."

We couldn't keep them off the line last night. smile

37" x 20" = 20lbs to start the night!

053008chrishanson37x20fcu2.jpg

36" x 20" = 18lbs to follow that up!

053008chrishanson36x20fev9.jpg

31" x 18" = 13lbs to kick off Tom's season!

053008tomhatlestad31x18pz3.jpg

39" x 24" = 26lbs night capper!

053008chrishanson39x24ftr3.jpg

Good going guys!

Any night like that is great night!

Hanson's season is sure starting out different from last year! Mine starting out about the same cry. This was the first weekend in like 2 months I have not going crazy to get for cats, but I will also say I have not been this sick in like 2 years.

Sure is fun when you can not get out, reading posts like this!

Thanks!

Andy "Crazyice" Anderson made the trip up from Rochester to fish with me last night. Andy is still pretty new to the Flathead Catfish game so I hoped I could give him a few pointers.

Tornado Warning for Hennepin County looked like she might shut things down for us but I fished through a Tornado Warning on Friday night, why not another one? We had to wait out a downpour at the landing and then headed out. Once we got to our fishing spot, we had to tuck back up along the bank of the river AGAIN to escape more rain and quite a bit of lightning. Kids... don't try this at home. grin

Once it all passed, it was Game On!

Andy with Flathead #1 for the Night - 31" x 18" = 13 1/2lbs

This fish topped his personal best of 12lbs. (Another fish species for Rochester Angler Species Contest as well!)

kotcandyanderson31x18flap7.jpg

Tonight would be Andy's show!

Flathead #2 was 33-1/2" x 20" = 16lbs

Uppin' the Personal Best!

kotcandyanderson335x20ftp7.jpg

Another one for Andy

Flathead #3 was nearly a twin of the last one - 32" x 20" = 16lbs

kotcandyanderson32x20flfm6.jpg

Thank God I finally got in on the action. Was just netting fish until this one bit. grin

Hanson with a 39" x 24" = 28lbs

kotcchrishanson39x24flaaq7.jpg

Last but not least... one for the road at 3:15am for Andy!

ANOTHER new Personal Best! The PB was broken 3 times last night! grin

Flathead #4 for the man was 36" x 20" = 21lbs

kotcandyanderson36x21floj6.jpg

Andy was on fire last night!

- 3 KOTC Flathead Cat Entries

- 1 KOTC "Upgrade"

- Personal Best Flathead broken 3 times

What a great night! Other than the FOG. Good Lord was it soupy out there at 4am. I got a bit disoriented for a bit following the GPS trail. Darn near ran the boat into the bank trying to get my bearings. Might have been the thickest fog I've been in for a year now. Sure didn't think we'd have to put up with fog for awhile but the dew points and humidity levels have been sky high the last couple nights with all the rain and storms. Water temp is still 64 degrees. Be Careful!

What a great night it was! Again thanks Chris. I was actually just going to post the one and only pic I got with my camera before the battery went dead, but the job was already done.

Nice Fish Mates!!!

Hanson and Ice......... NO FEAR... Funny how Flat Fever gets hold and your willing to bear what few others would knowing the high probability that the fish will be hammering.

Great Pics.

Nice fish guys. We boated 4 flats and a couple channels last night. We also missed a couple runs and one break off. confused

Could've gotten taken out by an estimated 40 ft long tree floating, but we were warned of the fall down about 45 mins. before it made it down river to us. We thought our buddy was b s-ing a little on the size of this tree, but he wasn't the thing was huge! He heard some cracking and then a big splash, looked up and saw the thing floating away. Luckily for him he was posted up on the other side of the river. Once we seen it coming, we quickly pulled the anchor and motored into a creek.:o Quite a surprise at midnight.

You can say that 6 times fast Tom grin!

I fixed it. My boat might be hot but its not THAT hot. grin

FYI for you MN River Catters, the river is up nearly 3' since Friday and is coming up another 2' by Friday at the Jordan Gauge. It'll be time to start all over again finding the "hot spot" now that the water is up 5'. Whenever you think you got her figured out, she throws you a curve. frown

Quote:
FYI for you MN River Catters, the river is up nearly 3' since Friday and is coming up another 2' by Friday at the Jordan Gauge. It'll be time to start all over again finding the "hot spot" now that the water is up 5'. Whenever you think you got her figured out, she throws you a curve.

To add to that, the water is dirty, the current is flowing fast, there are many floaters , and the mosquitos are the worst I remember them in many years! I didnt go fishing last night, because I wanted some of the mosquito bites to dissappear before adding more. I will be out tonight, cant miss 2 nights in a row grin

Way to go Andy. As stated on the boards here before, the hanson Catcraft is HOTT.

DTRO has the catcraft. Hanson runs a MirroPro!

I re named Hanson's boat. He is the catcraft II. grin

So if I see your boat sitting in the "Hot Spot" can I call it the catcraft III? grin