• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

14ft crestliner mod.

slabchaser

Question

Ive got a plain jane 14ft v hull crestliner with three bench seats. I want to take the middle seat out but a friend of mine said that you cant do that because the seats are what helps the frame of the boat. any input from anyone? anyone ever taken one out? Im not gonna ruin my boat by doing this am I? Thanks

4 answers to this question

Slabchaser I have an 18' boat like yours and I was going to do the same thing to mine and decided against it and now I don't have to worry about popping rivets loose and the bench isn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be as far as being in the way goes, But one thing I did do was flatdeck my floors and made them about 4" high from the deepest part of the floor and it works awesome but also keep in mind mine is a deep V which I'm sure has a little higher sides than a 14' would.

I have a 14ft Starcraft that at one time had the benches pulled out. What they did was tie the walls together with some Alum Angle in the front and the rear. In the back the angle runs accross where the rear deck starts and in the front it runs accross where the front casting deck starts. I could probably take some pics if you want, but it is definetly not as sturdy of a boat as it once was, but I've used it for years (I inhereted it 6-7 years ago) and never had an issue. I just dont take it out in 6 foot whitecaps at full throttle either, I take it easy. Sometimes you can see it flex when it gets a little rough. I dont think you'd have a problem either way but for peace of mind I probably woulndt take them all out. Maybee just the middle one?