Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp-fisher

Structure on a String--Please Read--Very Important--Critical

7 posts in this topic

I caught my wife today trying to throw away my SOS. She thought it was old aquarium stuff or something. Just a heads up guys.

My gosh!!! That would be like you throwing away one of her purses or a pair of her shoes.

If you brought her with fishing and used them, she would then know what they were.... shame on you!.. LOL

nice catch!

I bought them for my hubby for Christmas! I would've been just bummed if they'd gotten tossed! Good thing you had your eye on her carp-fisher!! laugh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• On 9/19/2016 at 6:36 AM, monstermoose78 said:

I do not understand why people think Ripley is a Dead Sea or woods.  Populations go up and down winter controls deer numbers more than hunters.    I like this new Ripley I have shot a deer the last 3  years there. The best part is not as many other hunters!! But the does not help get the deer moving.

Maybe, but the total kill and the kill of big bucks had been declining significantly before the tough winters hit.  Look at the kill stats from the early 2000s on.  Massive increase in doe harvest when bonus tags were allowed.  That, combined with wolf predation and winter drove the herd down extremely low.  IMVHO, you can't keep whacking the heck out of does when you have other very significant mortality factors at play.

On a positive note, talking to one of the environmental staff this past June, he said they had been seeing more big bucks this year.  Hopefully one walks past me.:D

Good luck everyone!

Edited by SmellEsox
    • On 9/14/2016 at 9:13 AM, ANYFISH2 said:

Move slow, practice drawing and shooting from a seated postion, and have patience.  You can shoot a deer from 11 ft up for sure.

Most of my stands are up 12-16 ft to platform.  I don't like heights much.

Good luck.

Anyfish2 has good advice!

• Not sure where best topic for this is, so here it is...

Pretty funny....From Twitter

David Burge Retweeted Hillary Clinton

Attention, Irony Hall of Fame

David Burge added,

Hillary Clinton @HillaryClinton
      What kind of man stays up all night to smear a woman with lies and conspiracy theories?
      215 retweets 278 likes

• 1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Is that all I'm good for?!

I know the answer is yes....;)

Everyone has to be good for something right??:grin:

Hope you make it. 

• 27 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

This isn't about other candidates.   This is about Johnson looking stupid on TV, twice in close succession.   

Both showed total ignorance of the world.   And it's not just that he didn't recognize that Allepo had something to do with this thing going on in the middle east, or that he couldn't come up with the name of a foreign leader, but that he just sat there with a dumb look on his face and couldn't even think of something to say.   Maybe "Hey, how about them hawkeyes"  would have worked.   (I'll post the joke if you haven't heard it)

Meh, like I said. His mistake was going into an open interview with questions that were never vetted and pre approved like traditionally happens and yeah, for that he and his campaign need to do better. Especially since he fell into it on the MSHRC network before. I agree 100% that he should either have been ready for something like this or made sure he knew what was coming before he agreed to do it. If course there is always the chance they agreed to the questions ahead of time and threw this in without him expecting it. 

One way or the other he us taking questions that other candidates aren't and he is making himself available for questions that the other two aren't. This doesn't bother me at all. What I want to hear asked of the other candidates is how they are paying for what they are proposing and also if sending Americans to fight in the middle East is that important, are they willing to send their kids to do it.

• Maybe, but the total kill and the kill of big bucks had been declining significantly before the tough winters hit.  Look at the kill stats from the early 2000s on.  Massive increase in doe harvest when bonus tags were allowed.  That, combined with wolf predation and winter drove the herd down extremely low.  IMVHO, you can't keep whacking the heck out of does when you have other very significant mortality factors at play. On a positive note, talking to one of the environmental staff this past June, he said they had been seeing more big bucks this year.  Hopefully one walks past me.   Good luck everyone!
    • Anyfish2 has good advice!
    • Not sure where best topic for this is, so here it is... Pretty funny....From Twitter  
    • Everyone has to be good for something right??   Hope you make it. 
    • Meh, like I said. His mistake was going into an open interview with questions that were never vetted and pre approved like traditionally happens and yeah, for that he and his campaign need to do better. Especially since he fell into it on the MSHRC network before. I agree 100% that he should either have been ready for something like this or made sure he knew what was coming before he agreed to do it. If course there is always the chance they agreed to the questions ahead of time and threw this in without him expecting it.    One way or the other he us taking questions that other candidates aren't and he is making himself available for questions that the other two aren't. This doesn't bother me at all. What I want to hear asked of the other candidates is how they are paying for what they are proposing and also if sending Americans to fight in the middle East is that important, are they willing to send their kids to do it.
    • I will never understand why anyone would take a trip to western NoDak before pheasant season opens up. That's the whole draw of that area! The duck hunting there isn't quite as good as other parts of the state, but it's the best area for chasing roosters
    • Oh so we shouldn't measure the candidates against each other, that makes perfect sense.

Lesser of 3 evils!
    • Latest rooster update going to be a little tough here as a few guys finally chopped a little bit, usually by now silo's are full and done, we're still quite wet, beans none harvested, think the birds have more then enough cover, I just hope when the floods hit it didn't push the birds into areas with the predators also and or the water got lots of the young. Best hatch I've ever seen was this spring/summer in this area, but haven't seen much of them since about the July flood.
    • Awesome pictures ! Yes our flood in July plus rains since then have fields flooded and they are full of mallards and woodies. Neighbors are prepping for their ND run I'm like why drive to Williston this year ? I could limit out on mallards and woodies sitting by his mailbox every morning lol. They swim his ditch into the corn and back again, The geese are just kiddy corner and I offered to take him out in the AM no dice, I guess can't break tradition to ND
    • This isn't about other candidates.   This is about Johnson looking stupid on TV, twice in close succession.    Both showed total ignorance of the world.   And it's not just that he didn't recognize that Allepo had something to do with this thing going on in the middle east, or that he couldn't come up with the name of a foreign leader, but that he just sat there with a dumb look on his face and couldn't even think of something to say.   Maybe "Hey, how about them hawkeyes"  would have worked.   (I'll post the joke if you haven't heard it)    
  • Our Sponsors