Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

Best way to batch convert a ton of Raw Files to ..........

6 posts in this topic

Calling all PS users. I usually convert my images one at a time for my favorite shots, but I want to go back and convert the others to JPG or Tiff so I can view easier and see if any others are worthy of saving. I found on way but it is slow. Any tips?

When I need to do that I select all of the images I want to convert in Bridge. Then go to Tools> Photoshop> Image Processor. When that opens you can save the files as Jpegs, Tiff or PSD and even apply actions to them. You can save them in the same location and it will make a new folder inside the original and save them there.

I eliminate Bridge (because I detest this program to no end) and just open the files you want to convert in Photoshop. In the upper left you see the button labeled "Select All" Click on that and all the photos will now be selected. Here is the cool thing if you want to make the same adjustment to all the photos make your changes, levels, curves, exposure whatever you want to do. Now click on the "Synchronize" button and all the photos will receive that treatment.

You have just batch edited your first shots! Lets say you open 10 files and you want to make the same changes to 5 of those images. Make your selection of those 5 by holding the control key and select each shot with your mouse. Make your adjustments and now you can sync just those 5. Make changes to your other shots and save them.

The "Save" option allows you to save them as PSD, DNG, TIFF, or JPEG. Here is where you can save as 16 bit PSD, TIFF, DNG or 8 bit if saving as JPEG (look at the lower left corner for these options). I like PSD as a file format its half the size of TIFF with most of the data and it is the format that likely will be around a while. This is a very fast way to save and do some global editing on your shots. As a high volume shooter if I didn't have these types of options I would spend all of my time in front of a computer!

Thanks Dan, that is kinda what I have been doing but it just seemed slow. I guess when you are trying to do a couple hundred shots at once it can be a little resources hogging. making the old pentium quad core with 4 gig of ram work for its money.

Yeah I hear ya Paul. Thats one of the reasons I shoot JPEG for all of my sports work. Even that little extra time and computer resources makes a big difference when you are looking at a large volume of shots.

Forgot to add Paul I run a relatively fast machine and I never select more than 100 shots at a time for any batch processing. You are right it is a resource hog! When I have over a 1000 to process I usually am running three computers, a desktop and two laptops.

I am actually thinking of building a server and workstations to help with all this and storage concerns. I have had as many as 10,000 shots over two days of shooting to deal with. This may be a workable solution.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have been meaning to try to stick a yote too whenever I was out I hoped one would show up instead of a turkey.
    • should have set up in the grass! Uncle went back for evening set up at a pinch point hen and tom came through to go back to roost but no shot!
    • Beside the fun of fooling a turkey and sticking it witj my bow,this is why I love turkey hunting. Slow smoked with apple on the pellet smoker. 
    • Does anyone have a water driven backup sump pump? They look like the cats meow if you live in town. Or does code even allow them? If they are not allowed what is the best battery backup ones?
    • Got out Saturday morning. Perfect weather. Jakes and hens. Had a new group of 6 hens come in with no tom or jakes.   Did have a yote come out of nowhere right into my dekes. 12 yards. Just as I was drawing on it , it must have scented me and booked. A second yote crossed about 50 yards out. Sticking a yote is on my bucket list.   All in all a great morning.    
    • Good season Wild, onto next year. Should be some changes but I don't expect us to do anything crazy. Need to sign Granlund and Nino and that will use up a lot of our cap space. Can't afford Hanzel and possibly Haula and Vegas will be taking a player off our hands. I'm more interested to see who can sustain or step up their scoring next year or if anyone regresses. Granlund, Coyle, Nino, Zucker, Dumba, Spurgeon and Brodin all had career years, those are good problems to have. They showed us a lot but I think they still have room to grow and that is what we need. We have a nice cast of vets but they are likely too old to lead us to a cup, they would be in more supporting rolls. Hopefully our now seasoned young core and continue to build on their impressive seasons. Always disappointing to lose, even worse when you can't score against your old coach but I like the our team and hopefully we can keep getting better.
    • I'm not the most techy 40yr old out there, so I will try to explain what I'm looking to do and hopefully someone can point me in the direction I need to go. I have a cabin in the Chippawa National Forrest, no phone at the cabin and our cell phones dont work at the cabin either. My teenage son wants to take the wheeler and go riding alone. I worry he's going to get lost or if the wheeler breaks down he can't call my cell for help. When we drive my truck around; the gps in it works all the time.  I know I can put a GPS app on my sons phone so he can track his route in reverse to get back to the cabin. But what if he breaks down?  Does anyone know if there is a gps app that I could "pair" up me and my son's phone so I can see where he is at? kill 2 birds with one stone per say, he can use it to navigate himself on the wheeler and I can see where he's at incase I need to rescue him.  Thanks for the help.
    • Hit the Red River over the weekend for the 2nd time this spring. First outing wasn't great with a handful of smaller cats all under 10lbs. This weekend was a different story as we ended up with 15 cats Friday night. 5 over 10lbs, 2 of which were high teens fish. All caught on cut river bait.  Cats were on the shallow side of the river. Water was high and flowing pretty good. All fish were caught and released. Great night of fishin w no bugs to bother us and very nice weather! Gonna give it another whirl soon in a boat this time. Have a look!!
    • I've never tried my booya poppin pad crashers Yet but are they really bad or just not as good? Just wondering.
  • Our Sponsors