Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chasineyes

No Cheering at Lacrosse??

12 posts in this topic

Did you hear the one about the MPLS school that is trying a "no chearing and yelling" policy for 2 lacrosse games. Apparently it puts too much stress on the kids.

God help this country in the future!!!!!! Al queda must be laughing at us daily.

Al Queda laughs at us no matter what goes on in this country. What's wrong with trying an experiment now and then?

God help this country in the future!!!!!! Al queda must be laughing at us daily.

I would agree.... Al-queda is definitely laughing at some of you. However, they are not laughing at me, so using the word "us" isnt appropriate.

I do not think Al Queda laughs at any thing we do, I think wish they could do the things we do.

If it was a positive cheer, back when I was in High School, we would have done the opposite of what they said we should do.

Now, if our team was on a loosing streak, we would have done anything to help them win, including no cheers.

Nothing new. I graduated in '95. During my high school career the "student" attendees to football games were told they were cheering too much. The parents and "old" folks in attendance couldn't enjoy the game, because of all the cheering. No complaints from the team. I guess standing, stomping your feet, and giving out loud positive cheers to our own team was not to be allowed. We were told that we had to follow a "cheer director" and only cheer when allowed. If you repeatedly broke the "cheering" rule, you could be suspended. I quit going to games.

I didn't understand it then, don't understand it now.

Al Queda laughs at us no matter what goes on in this country. What's wrong with trying an experiment now and then?

What's wrong with an experiment??? Well how about the experiement of not making people/kids stand for the flag (see Dilworth school district), how about the welfare experiment, imigration experiment, not parking vehicles on drivway experiment (see city of Richfield), no touching/holding hands in school experiment etc.,. Have you not learned that an experiement becomes a law in this society and only trickles down to every other "common sense" right that we enjoy. And for the notion that BID2 is not lumped in with US is baloney. I'm sure at some point in your life there was a issue that came up and you probably just threw your hands up and said "whatever" and went back to your life just like the rest of us do.

Did you hear the one about the MPLS school that is trying a "no chearing and yelling" policy for 2 lacrosse games. Apparently it puts too much stress on the kids.

Dumb

Its usually the parents that get carried away. Coaching from the sidelines, yelling at the refs, questioning the coaching staff.

It it were all positive cheers there wouldn't be a problem.

Players are there to play regardless of what goes on in the stands, or should be taught to. When they're taught to keep their mouths shut and play the game, they then start to realize all the smack talk isn't going to make them any better. In fact, if your running your mouth your level of play is most likely lacking.

Instead of addressing the bad behavior and directing that where it needs to be directed, you have a silent game. Thats weak... or is it?

Get the message to parents and students that they are not coaches and they they aren't there to question officials. Smack talk is a sign of weakness.

Encouraging your kid from the stands is one thing and a fine line to being loud mouth parent directing his or her player's every move. Don't we all love sitting next to one of those.

I agree with you all the way Surface Tension. They should be able to cheer but not yell at coaches and players that mess up. It's all part of getting protected from ourselves, just like the smoking ban, seatbelt laws, etc.

Hey, maybe this could evolve into professional sports with fans not allowed to cheer! wink Then everyone would realize how much fun it is to watch a baseball or basketball game... Next thing to go will be cheerleaders! LOL