• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

115 hp Evinrude

bowhunter54

Question

I have a '98 Evinrude 115 hp with trim and tilt issues. Just got out of storage today and attempted to lift the motor, it seemed very labored so tried to lower it and retry. It jerked funny going down and now won't go up or down. Any Ideas would be welcome.

10 answers to this question

There are relays for that system, but I don't believe there is a dedicated fuse for just the TnT. Is the battery fully charged? Does the engine turn over? I guess I would start with connections and battery as well.

Can you hear any clicking? If not, the problem is between the relays and power supply, including switch. If you hear clicking, the problem is from relays to the trim motor. Check all connections, grounds, etc. Use a 12v test light to check power in and out of relays.

Thanks for the info, there is no clicking. I did have the battery out for charging. I may have pinched a wire when I put the battery back in. Will have to check in the morning.