• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite beer/food combo?

Hey all, just cracking (well, pouring) the fist beer of the weekend, and wondering if you have any favorite beers to pair with your great meals. Just got done brewing a maple brown ale and man does it go well with a venison steak smothered in sauteed morels... summer beer and grilling season is here, lets hear your favorites!

Free beer with free food! grin

Actually, I like an icy-cold light beer with freshly caught, beer-battered fish. I like a big mug of stout at Granite City with just about anything on their menu. And my favorite would be an Alaskan Smoked Porter with a wild game feed or a well stocked cheese tray.

German brats with a Warsteiner to wash it down... had it in Germany.

How ever I have tasted an awesome Polish beer, but I can't remember the name of it.

I just found out tonight that a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (or two) goes very well with a cinnamon-chipotle dry drubbed moose tenderloin slow-cooked on the charcoal Weber (with a little Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce on the side for dipping). MMMMMMM...

A Leines Honey Weiss and Elk Burger Sliders, with thousand island dressing, on the grill.

(Had some Elk burger in the freezer and decided to make little burgers on little buns a couple of weeks ago and WOW!)

Jeff

beer?..Blech.

If I were to flavor something with food it'd be

Sweet Tea. Heck Ya'll don't know what yer missin.

Pulled Pork sammich with smothered in cloleslaw a dash of apple cider viniger and a japaleno. A jug of sweet tea and a game of Rook..Yes Sir.

Heck, what's a cheese curd?

Schlitz....You just made my stomach turn. I had my first Schlitz sinece the 80's a couple weeks ago and thought the first sip was pretty good. After that it got really tough! I think the remarketing effort will be short lived.

Away from the home grill I like a dozen BWW grilled (yes they will grill your wings if you ask) Asian Zing wings with 2 sides of Bleu Cheese and some celery. Top it off with a tall Mich Golden Light.

Quote:
Schlitz....You just made my stomach turn. I had my first Schlitz sinece the 80's a couple weeks ago and thought the first sip was pretty good. After that it got really tough! I think the remarketing effort will be short lived.

Away from the home grill I like a dozen BWW grilled (yes they will grill your wings if you ask) Asian Zing wings with 2 sides of Bleu Cheese and some celery. Top it off with a tall Mich Golden Light.

You complain about Schlitz and then come back with a Mich Golden Light!

Quote:
There is a reason why Mich Golden Light is the second most popular beer in MN. (I am just not sure why) It does go very well with wings...

I didn't know that about Mich Golden light and I don't like any light beer but I do like your idea of wings and cold beer.