• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metallica '08

LMITOUT

Anyone excited for the new Metallica album? I see there are a few videos posted on 93X's HSOforum showing some studio footage. I sure hope it's better than St. Anger....heck, I don't think it could get much worse! And that's coming from a Metallica fan.

I haven't heard lately what the drop date is of the album, but I think the last I heard was the fall. It seems like lately the radio stations have been pushing a lot of Metallica songs so I'm wondering if they're ramping up for the debut of the first single soon.

cool

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DUDE YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!! They are most definitely my favorite band of all time...2nd favorite being Skynyrd smile

yea, I was for sure let down by St Anger..by there was a couple good songs on there. I see they are playing the one day for Ozzfest..i wish i was flying down for that. Have not heard anything new from them on the radio either...cant wait

Yeah, I hear ya on that one. Lets cross our fingers. It seems like they like to play the drama card a little too much to get people whipped up for the CD release so that they can sell more....as if they need the money!

I know...I know....just can't resist the Metallica Fan Club posts. coollaugh

"Fire

To begin whipping dance of the dead

Blackened is the end

To begin whipping dance of the dead

Color our world blackened...blackened"

Now that's how you start a weekend. smile

Absolutely!

So what is everyone's favorite album?

Without a doubt "...And Justice For All" is mine. I'm on my second CD of that one already since I wore out the first one.

Huge fan here...but of the "older" stuff.

"And Justive For All" was great, but "Ride the Lightning" and "Master of Puppets" and the best in my eyes.

I worry though, for right before St. Anger Lars said "Now we can put out anything we want, and people will still buy it". And, look what they put out.

I hope they go back to their heavy rocking ways and style. They can keep the short hair, just rock my socks off.

Lisa is a huge Metallica fan?? Wow, what a woman! (That was a compliment, Lisa).

Yeah, MOP and RTL are great too, but something about AJFA just puts it a hair above the those for me.

I think (and hope) that after St. Anger they rethink their idea of "putting anything out and people will buy it" because it was horrible and I don't know anyone that would dispute that and I bet they realize that now. It sounded like Lars was pounding on a soup can and that was enough for me.

AND JUSTICE FOR ALLfor sure is my favorite.

I mean...they have some of the best songs on this one! With all the songs with some sort of political meaning makes it that much more kick@ss smile

Blackened

And Justice for All

Eye of the Beholder

One

The Shortest Straw

Harvester of Sorrow..one of my favs

The Frayed Ends of Sanity

To Live Is to Die

Dyers Eve

I'm a Metallica fan - but I'm much more fond of a live performance. S & M - with the orchestra, was an amazing performance, in my opinion, just because it was so different. Battery with the orchestra was cool - scary and will rip your face off.

Die hard Metallica fan here too so this is highly anticipated. Funny, I didn't really get into the St. Anger CD either. None of the songs clicked with me. Very disappointing. frown

Wow, and outdoors girl and loves Metallica. Women don't come any cooler than that. smile

Whoa! Just got back from book club and BOOM!! Heavy metal mania dudes!

Well, besides a date in June and Ozzfest in August they'll be in Europe this summer.

My favorite album is ...And Justice For All and Master is a close second. I've been to ALOT of Metallica concerts. coolgrin

I am also an "Older Stuff Fan". I love everything before the "Black Album". Some of the black album is pretty good also, but you can't beat all of the other stuff.

FYI. I was in 7th grade when ...And Justice For All came out.

last time they were in MN i had pneumonia real bad...but had already bought my 100 dollar ticket.... i still went! and then slept for the next week straight haha

I too was sicker than a dog when they did that 3-night stand at the Target Center with Kid Rock and Sevendust. It was a pretty laid back set without all the lights and fire. Now, back in '97 I believe it was in the Fargo Dome that was a different story! What a show! I was right up front and they had a center stage with all kinds of things going on. Stagehands on fire, some falling from the tall scaffolding, it was nuts and they blew the roof off the house of the Bison!

Kinda funny, but the morning of that show I stood in line at the Fargo Dome for George Strait/Mindy McCready tickets while the Metallica trucks were rolling in. George Strait tickets in the morning and Metallica that night. Can't get any better!!