• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DuPont and Gordon 2 Year Extension

Sifty

From Fox Sports Web site:

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - Jeff Gordon and Hendrick Motorsports agreed to two-year contract extension with Dupont on Thursday that keeps the four-time Cup champion with the only primary sponsor he's had through 2010.

The extension keeps together the long-time active driver/owner/sponsor combination in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series.

"I started my career with DuPont and I hope to end my career with them as my primary sponsor," Gordon said.

DuPont teamed up with Gordon and Hendrick for the final race of the 1992 season with the newly formed No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports race team and have since competed in every NASCAR Cup Series race.

Gordon is a four-time Cup champion and has 81 career victories and 65 poles.

He toured DuPont's global headquarters Thursday in Wilmington, Del., and visited with workers during their annual employee appreciation day. Gordon will drive Sunday in the Cup race at nearby Dover International Speedway.

"We come out here before the spring Dover race each year and spend time with the people who lend their support and make our success possible," Gordon said. "And it was special to be able to announce to the many loyal DuPont employees that we're all going to remain a part of the same team for several more years."

Sifty

Haven't seen the Gordon hatred much at all this year in this forum. Probably because he's not winning. That'll change soon...

haha, he is actually one drive from hendrick that I can stand...well, I do like jr too i guess