Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tedl

Will we lose our guns?

146 posts in this topic

If Obama or Clinton win do you think we will lose our right to have guns?

If I remember correctly when Bill Clinton was in office this was on the agenda. Seems you don't hear anything about this lately.

ah, this always cracks me up. I don't even know where to start responding to questions like this. Short answer: no way in heck

Yes, the same day Obama steps into office, we will have to turn them into the local police station, no ifs and or butts. Come on do some research or try listening to the candidate. Obama just talked about it while in S.D. He has the same stance I do, get the automatic weapons off the streets. He has no problem with our shotguns/rifles and pistols. Besides the stance ..."oh there so much fun to shoot" Real sportsman don't need these guns either!

A politician also never lies.

Look at the track records of the party.

If Obama or Clinton win do you think we will lose our right to have guns?

No. Only you. Obama just gave a speech yesterday saying that tedl's guns were the only ones he wanted off the street.

If a politician says something in a speech is it always the truth?

Will they take them? Probably not. Probably not.

Will they put significant restrictions on the sale and use of firearms? Absolutely. Obama has said some very interesting things about handguns (because we ALL know guns are the problem).

I'm quite certain that it will become very difficult to have handguns, and who knows what will happen to the carry permits. You have to remember that Clinton is a Clinton, and Obama has one of the most liberal voting records in the entire senate, and we know what liberals do to gun rights.

The real thing to be aware of is the slippery slope... I am not a black gun fan myself, and not a card carrying NRA guy. But I do see very much the desire of the anti's to get a start somehwere and then keep slowly but surely moving. I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, regardless of who is in office, but there are plenty out there trying to make it happen.

Will they take them? Probably not. Probably not.

Will they put significant restrictions on the sale and use of firearms? Absolutely. Obama has said some very interesting things about handguns (because we ALL know guns are the problem).

I'm quite certain that it will become very difficult to have handguns, and who knows what will happen to the carry permits. You have to remember that Clinton is a Clinton, and Obama has one of the most liberal voting records in the entire senate, and we know what liberals do to gun rights.

Thank you for well reasoned response. I am not afraid they will bust down the door to take my shot gun as others have thought from my first post. I was just trying hear what others thought about this subject.

Thanks

The ones who have licenses to have pistols, semi-autos and what not are not the ones I'm worried about. Get the thugs that carry them illegally, that's my concern. You and I aren't going to go out and shoot anyone with ours.

Nobody will ever take the shotguns and rifles away from America. Ever. Can you imagine? There'd be a revolt.

Sure, there might be some tighter legislation and regulation of handguns (as I think there should be) but I doubt that there will be a problem of a complete ban. Probably just more rigorous background checks and so forth. A small price to pay for the enormous freedom we have with guns compared to many developed countries

Assault rifles should be banned IMO, but I don't see a ban on them affecting the sportsmen

The real thing to be aware of is the slippery slope... I am not a black gun fan myself, and not a card carrying NRA guy. But I do see very much the desire of the anti's to get a start somehwere and then keep slowly but surely moving. I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, regardless of who is in office, but there are plenty out there trying to make it happen.

Why don't you like the "black guns"?

We probly will have more control over our guns. Thankfully we the special intrest groups to loby a protect our rights. Though I do believ some guns are just silly to have. And maybe those should have limatations. I think it may get a little harder to purchase a gun. As for a President to have certain views he still has to go through congress.

Nobody will ever take the shotguns and rifles away from America. Ever. Can you imagine? There'd be a revolt.

Sure, there might be some tighter legislation and regulation of handguns (as I think there should be) but I doubt that there will be a problem of a complete ban. Probably just more rigorous background checks and so forth. A small price to pay for the enormous freedom we have with guns compared to many developed countries

Assault rifles should be banned IMO, but I don't see a ban on them affecting the sportsmen

I can't believe I am reading this [PoorWordUsage] on a so-called sportsman's site. What a disgrace. frown You sound just like Obama, Hitlery, Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the clan. If they regulate or ban any guns, the rest will eventually follow. Good grief.

Not too call out deerhunter8, but what kind of weapon do you take your deer with? I am sure it is not an assault rifle. Sandman they have to start somewhere and these guns do not represent sportsman at all IMO. And yes this is a SPORTSMAN site and no they will not take our Sportsman guns.

It will begin with "black rifles" and slowly progress to any kind of gun. I have an idea, why don't we give up our freedom of speech too. Not our right to talk about everything, just our right to talk about religious preferences or pledge of allegiance. That's ok too right? Fellas, once we start giving away our freedoms they will never stop! A fire always starts with a spark... let's not give them the spark!

Yes, I sound exactly like "the clan" of dirty libs when I say that assault rifle bans wouldn't effect sportsmen. Or that nobody would ever take the rifles and shotguns away from us. (rolls eyes)

I can't believe I am reading this [PoorWordUsage] on a so-called sportsman's site. What a disgrace. frown You sound just like Obama, Hitlery, Ted Kennedy, and the rest of the clan. If they regulate or ban any guns, the rest will eventually follow. Good grief.

Did you have this site confused with the NRA site? What about that post do you have such a problem with? Why would a sportsman have a problem with banning assault rifles or having better background checks on purchasing a handgun? I don't think this is any indication of a "slippery slope", just common sense.

Anyone that thinks Clinton/Obama will take your hunting rifle away is just on a smear campaign...you might as well throw in that you heard Obama is really a muslim. crazy I personally hope a democrat wins office so we can get the national debt back down to where it was before our "conservative" president went on a spending spree.

Why don't you like the "black guns"?

Just a preference thing. I don't think they should be banned or anything, just that I don't really prefer even the look of them. Actually, I must take that back, as I have a "black" synthetic model 700, but I guess I am talking about the Bushmaster style.

Some people don't like semi auto shotguns, and prefer O/U. I just don't prefer the so-called assault styled rifles. But like I said, slippery slope... so I will not ever be for a ban on them.

I actaully hate PWC, but am against laws restricting their use on public waters - because of the slippery slope towards even more rules for boaters, we don't need more, just need the current ones to be followed. The problem there is uneducated drivers, and the problem with all firearms is not the firearm style or law abiding users, it is the criminals. I still can't see why there is not a law that simply says "if you commit a crime aqgainst a person with a firearm, regardless of what firearm that is, you go to prison and you don't get out". Period. OR at least like 20 years. I bet that would stop much of the gun related crime, if there were some teeth to laws against criminals. IMHO, anyway smile

Why would a sportsman have a problem with banning assault rifles or having better background checks on purchasing a handgun? I don't think this is any indication of a "slippery slope", just common sense.

Actually, the only difference between a semi-automatic Browning and a semi-auto "assault" rifle is what it looks like. If you don't agree with that, then either you don't have the knowledge of the difference, or maybe you just don't like the look of them (and I don't, but I am not against them). That is where the slippery slope could come in. Once one semi-auto would be banned or limited, why not the other? Heck, you can shoot a deer just as dead with a single shot... So that is what I am talking about, and why I see the problem is with the criminals, not the firearm.

Just my further worthless 2 cents smile

So, the 2nd ammendment only applies to your guns? The bolt action, single shot guns are the only ones that have any purpose?

Nobody uses the for varmints, coyotes, plinking, or just for shooting, right?

As weapons become more advanced and times change...new laws have to be in place.

That is the same arguement I head all the time "Take this away...what next?" It is the same thing people screamed when they set a limit of how many fish or duck you could shoot. I am sure glad they set that limit!!

You can ban assult rifles, put more in-depth background checks on handguns, and make laws and regulations untill you're blue in the face, fact of the matter is the thug down the street from you will still have his 9mm for cheaper than we buy them from the store and he doesnt have to worry about a background check. The "problem gun owners" that all these laws and regs are trying to keep from having guns, most likley dont go through Cabelas to buy their guns, they go through that dude on the corner with the long trenchcoat. So what good are all these regulations and laws really? To make it harder for a law abiding citizen to purchase a gun legally to keep in his home to stop the thug down the road from breaking into his house? Seems like [PoorWordUsage] into the wind if you ask me.