• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kelly Farm Hunt Test

Bryce

Any members running dogs at this weekends event? Hope to be up there Sunday for a bit. Will be viewing the/a senior event. Should be there about 10ish according to her draw. Watch for the couple standing on the tailgate with binoculars. First chance we've had to see our little girl run.

Thanks guys. Luck needs to go to the hound and her handler. I'm just a spectator and most likely will not see the entire event due to graduation parties that need to be attended. A big thank you to PBC for the compliment. Running Sunday is 3rd generation of our breeding. Avatar is her mother.

Never got it sold... he's still in western WI. He does have his winter grounds he owns in Texas and he was going to move to his summer grounds by Deer Park, WI. But last time I chatted with him that had not taken place due to the slowness of selling the original kennel property.

Good Luck!

Ken

Wasn't able to stay for awards so wanted to make sure it was listed on entry express before celebrating a pass. Handler was very pleased with only 2 1/2 weeks back in camp. Didn't take good lines on either memory bird but came up with both with short, effective hunts and no handling. Pretty sure quite a few dogs got dropped after handling on both memory birds. Only big fault was a slipped whistle on first blind. Both blinds had big trouble long of the bird and everyone was trying to stop the dogs right at the bird for a final push. Saw at least two other dogs already have the bird winded at the final whistle blow and ignore the command. She 3 whistled the second blind and I'm pretty sure one of the whistles was to show control of the dog to the judges after the slip. 2 more to title and then probably play around in a couple qualifiers.

Running for SH. She's really over trained for the events but want that title before we ratchet up the games. Not going to say MH isn't a worthy title, but don't see any value in it for me. Would much rather try for a QAA dog for puppy value. Sounds like the judges are really cranking down on the MH dogs in the region since so many are trying to qualify for a "local" national event.

Big weekend for dog events. Going to run the old girl in a fun event in Glencoe Saturday morning. She doesn't stand much of a chance against the young dogs but the eyes still light up at the line even at 11+ years. Good donation of $ to an upstart habitat org. Jezebel runs for SH title Sunday at Kelly Farm. Missed a couple events due to handler personal commitments and then a jam packed 2 weekend period due to heat cycle.

It's an AKC test they ran master and junior on Saturday and Junior and senior on Sunday. I think it's northern flights hosting it.

I am supposed to be running in Senior today but had to scratch my dog Friday night she came into heat. I'm really bummed we had gone 4/4 up to this point in senior and I was hopefully going to finish it off this weekend.

Saw a couple dogs were scratched in senior B. Senior A was a battlezone. Left after our dog was dropped but wouldn't be surprised to see less than 25% pass rate. They dropped 9 of 31 on the first series which was just a land double mark. Next series was water(mostly mud) double mark followed by water blind followed by land blind and then honor. Lot of tired dogs breaking honor and hyped dogs breaking from sitting in holding blind so long. Didn't see our dog on the first series but handler said she stomped them. She went out on the marks in the next series. Tall grass waist high plus 2-3 feet behind the mark. Many lost dogs(including ours) if it got into that trouble. Dogs were passing but it was tough.