Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
CarlWBL

Minnetonka Classic

Anyone fishing in the Classic this weekend? I'm not but I may head out to the weigh-in. I visited the HSOforum and it looks like the past three tournaments have been won by the same team. Very impressive. They must know a few spots that really hold pigs...

Carl

I will give it a shot, but haven't been able to practice like I wanted because if a stomach infection that I got. Man is it painful. I did make an effort to get out there today, but only fished for about an hour before the chills got too bad. I just hope I feel ok for the tournament.

Tonka has been real easy to work with so far this year, and this is probably the tournament two anglers trolled by us asking if they could jump ahead since they were just looking (Not fishing) for an upcoming tournament.

We've been doing real well on buckets so far. Tonka just has so much bass land to work with! So far this year I've landed two beautiful 5+ pounders along with probably about 30 guys between 1 and 3ish pounds.

I don't think I'll head to the tournament, though. Never fished in one and don't plan on starting on a whim really.

I would love to fish in it, if i had the money and know the lake alot better. There is some big guns in this hawg. Im sure there going to get some buckets and have a good time doing it.

Ill be excited to see what the top guys bring in again

I would also love to fish it but im not a Tonka rat!!! I dont fish it enough to hang with some of them guys!!! There is a lot of money involved in this tournament and it should be a good weigh in to go and watch!!!

I am fishing it. I was told there are over 100+ boats so far. It is a very well run tourney and should be a good time. The Minnetonka Bass Club does a great job. Good Fishing!!

Not good. I don't even know what place my partner and I got but we only weighed 17.48 pounds. It just kind of fell apart I guess. The day before we caught 6 bass over the four pound mark. 29 something won it I think. I was a fun time and a really nice day for fishing!

Watch :/your tongue there spear it is FLUKER! i am offended laugh Yes and the previous yearSSS winers had to settle for second. That is quite a reign of dominance. ike

Yep, Lee and Bird have something dialed in on Tonka in the spring. It really is amazing conisidering the quality of competition they face. In all the pictures from all the years they are always wearing dull green clothes, camo for sight fishing in my book.

Spear, don't worry about it. Ike calls the rods I make "Ugly rods" that a "Monkey could make". So it's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black. smile Just ribbing ya ike.