• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COMCAST

Does anyone have email through comcast.net and they can't get to it because they changed their HSOforum? If you have gotten on with the new site please post how to find your email because i can't find it anywhere

Thanks for the help

killin,

I have my comcast.net account running through Outlook at home so I rarely sign in online but tried after reading your post. The window that first popped up was almost empty except for the top quarter of the page which showed some other name logged in. I then clicked on the comcast.net link on top of the page (although I was already on comcast.net) and it took me to the regular home page. At that point I was able to sign in and ask to see my email. As of this moment I am at 10 minutes and still waiting for the HSOforum to do something (such as show me my email or give me an error message).

Chatting with Comcast now. They said "Please allow me to inform you that we are curerntly having an issue with our comcast webmail site. However our network engineers are working on it to have comcast webmail site"

They said to use m dot comcast dot net to get in. Hasn't worked for me yet though.

I typically use outlook at home to get my email from Comcast as well. I did just try the .net site and was able to log in and view my mailbox. It took about a minute which is longer than usual, but it sounds like its better than what you guys have been experiencing.

Hackers took over and defaced Comcast Corp.'s Web portal for several hours overnight, leaving a cryptic message on the site that the company's 14.1 million subscribers use to access e-mail, news and technical support.

Here's the story from the strib:

NEW YORK — Hackers took over and defaced Comcast Corp.'s Web portal for several hours overnight, leaving a cryptic message on the site that the company's 14.1 million subscribers use to access e-mail, news and technical support.

The front page of Comcast.net went down shortly before 11 p.m. EDT Wednesday and was replaced with a note saying the hackers had "RoXed" Comcast, according to postings at BroadbandReports.com.

Comcast spokeswoman Jennifer Khoury said late Thursday morning that the hijacking had been reversed, but some users were still unable to access Comcast.net and Web-based e-mail.

There was no indication that e-mail or other private information was compromised by the attack, Comcast said.

The hackers appeared to have seized control of the Comcast.net domain name at registrar Network Solutions Inc. and redirected it to other servers, Khoury said.

"We have alerted law enforcement authorities and are working in conjunction with them," Khoury said.