Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CNY Tim

Todd and Doug

15 posts in this topic

Somehow those pictures never made it to my work. I'll check it when I get home but I have a triple out in Ilion starting at 6:30 tonight.

Chef! You’re alive! Your absence along with Todd's had me thinking you two were on a hot bite somewhere.

Otis, not really a hot bite anywhere just doing alot of homework if you know what I mean wink.Its Quality fish now not Quanity and most are Catch,Photoed and released to live another day.Some days they are on and others off especially the waldos crazy

The FX Matt brewery new bottle plant went up in smoke on Saranac Thursday. Called Todd when I drove through on my way to Ilion, from rt 12 you could see the flames as high as 8' off the roof and smoke from Rome, they will rebuild that area. 1500 pepople were there for the opener of Saranac Thursday and no one thankfully got hurt just a couple of the fire fighters had smoke inhalation..

yeah crazy heard about that guess the opening was at 5pm and the fire broke out at 5pm???

When I was coming home from Ilion at 10:45 the fire was contained but the smoke was still billowing good, feel sorry for the residents around there the smell was awful.

Otis...what HOT bite...you'll never take Todd and I alive wink

Like Todd said...we have been doing a lot of homework with some nice rewards mixed in. Todd is right about the quality of fish...I have boated some truly beautiful fish lately and some nice photos floating around somewhere whistle

Otis, give me a call if you want to get the girls out and do some fishing. Little Lily has become quite prolific with her new ultralight combo. She got a massive male 'Gill the other day that was a little over 11". She was in a fish fighting stance like she had a Marlin on...truly a joyous moment for me to watch her use all the little tricks I have taught her. I may have found my Trap Attack partner for next year laugh

Are you free on weekends now that school is out? Maybe we can plan something for next weekend. Pick a day and let me know. The evening bight has been more productive for me, but I’ll go whenever. How old is Lily? Sounds like she’s following in her dad’s footsteps! Ellie’s seven. She’ll bring all kinds of toys and stuff to keep them busy in case the bite slows down. Todd you in?

Were going to get a wet arse tomorrow but Todd and I will be fishing up north. Just talked to Mark and his buddies went to this location on Thursday and caught squadoosh, all males and had to go through 15 craps to get a keeper??? However Big Bay is still giving up some nice crappies., Mark will be out there this weekend... Bring the rain gear...

Otis, you won't catch any fish with me in your boat lately I have had a stroke of no luck whistleespecially when I have that Chef guy with me whistle.I have never fished out of a pontoon before sure I will give it a go I might know a few spots out there.

Were not catching any today fellas Todd called at 3:50 a.m. and cancelled due to wind and the impending stormfront. Tomorrow maybe better Todd I'll check with Momma in a bit and call you...

Welsome potbelly havent seen ya since 1st ice on moraine

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   You will get plenty of recipes for a brine or injection, or even an injectable brine which work good for turkey breasts.  A common injection are the store bought ones you see in sporting goods stores in the cooking section. All kinds of flavors from Cajun, to Honey Butter, Garlic & Herbs, etc. Some even come with a free syringe.  Some simple injections you can make are apple juice (plain or jazzed up), beer with seasonings, a doctored up chicken broth and one of my favorites a Lite Apple Brine.  Since it's injected I like lower salt than you would use for an immersion brine.  My Lite Apple Brine's ratio is 1 gram of canning salt mixed into 1 ounce of apple juice.  If you buy an 8oz bottle of apple juice, just add 8 grams of canning salt, shake it and you are ready to inject.     Years ago I asked Old Dave, an online friend, for help on an injection for a pastramied turkey breast recipe I was developing.  He sent me a modified version of Shakes Injectable Brine, which is fancier than my Lite Apple Brine.... and guess what, I really like it too.  Here is the recipe... and if you want to read more, I'll have the link to my write-up below.  BTW, I was skeptical of the cloves, but I tried the first one following the recipe and it's good.  My only variation is I'll use agave nectar instead of the honey sometimes.    Old Dave's Poultry Injectable Brine, based off of "Shakes" Injectable Brine. 
      32oz clean water (non-chlorinated and not softened)
      1/4 cup pickling salt
      2 teaspoons of TenderQuick
      1/3 cup clover honey
      3-4 bay leaves
      1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
      1/2 teaspoon pickle spice

Heat it up in a sauce pan but do not boil. For a 12-15 pound turkey, inject 2 oz in each leg, 2 oz in each thigh, and 4 oz in each side of the breast. 16 oz total per turkey. I like to do the injection at least 8-10 hours before the fire.   My Pastramied Turkey Breast write-up can be found HERE   EDIT, you smoke them until the internal is 165° to 170°.  An injection will help keep them moist even at the 170° temp.  I like a mix of cherry and hickory, but keep the amount gentle.  Apple would be a safe bet for your first one and you can always use a stronger wood next time.  
    • First off, the comment I made which you replied to with a hypothesis never stated that there was proof they did anything wrong. I merely and accurately stated that there was a chance they did some of the same things and it appears that may be the case.   You said plainly that VW could have chosen the Daimler tech but chose not to. In the end doing so may very well have found them in the same boat.    
    • Haula is probably going to see a lot of playing time so I don't doubt he will have some nice years, kind of like how Brodziak scored 20 playing as our first line center. I like Schroeder as first call up or emergency player but he just can't consistently bring it in the NHL, that is no crime because when he gets hot he is fun to watch but he just can't stay there. 
    • That's some good info, Thanks.
    •   I think they're shut down, too.  Smells like no money and more welfare...    
    •   Not sure if their still producing cardboard up at that plant anymore?
    • Now Haula and Tuch will have career seasons next year.  Haula is the odds on favorite to win the Ross trophy and Tuch should have a couple Norris' in the next 5 years.     Sounds like Wild might not bring Schroeder back either.  I really hope they are contenders for a strong center or a really nice goal scorer.  
    • Good point about the center support.  I wandered out to my ground blind on one of the last days of archery season to find the roof caved in and two poles busted. 
    • MMmmm Cloquet....   Smells like money.
    • I am a little concerned with it fading but it needs to be left up for the deer to get accustomed to it so no way around that.   I assume the sun is the main culprit in fading so I'll do my best to protect against that.  One spot I'm considering is tucked into some pines which create a lot of shade, brushing it in heavily should also help keep it out of direct sun as well.   Good point about a center support to help with the snow.  I'll make sure to add something.
  • Our Sponsors