• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What the rain does . . .

I was out in the woods yesterday and made some pictures of flowers. And then it rained. And then I decided to go back and recapture the flowers as close as possible to the original compositions, but with the moisture. As you'll see, the lighting and comps changed slightly from some to some.

I've paired the images that are both dry and wet. The others are, well, others . . .

All with the Canon 30D and Canon 100 f2.8 macro, iso100-200, various apertures, all handheld, some with rests

Canada mayflower (false lily of the valley)

2532322127_1205d2d120_o.jpg

Wood anemone, one of the most delicate of spring flowers

2532341347_178c559575_o.jpg

Jack-in-the-pulpit emerging, with background birches

2533151626_52a1f77763_o.jpg

Among the most ancient of plants, the horsetail

2532330685_bbd2087b60_o.jpg

The wild plum

2532340667_40dcf0650d_o.jpg

Marsh marigolds in profusion

2533155222_578eeec170_o.jpg

Thanks guys. I was especially happy the light was nice in the before and after shots so the comparisons could be very close. The skies turned partly cloudy so I could just wait for the right light. I used a diffusion disc on the before shots, and if I got impatient waiting for the light to change, using the diffuser again on the after shots to help things along evened it right out. gringrin

Plus, all the before and after flowers were within 50 feet of each other, which made it really easy.

Some of these look darker on my monitor after posting them than they did during pp. My bad.