Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

What the rain does . . .

7 posts in this topic

I was out in the woods yesterday and made some pictures of flowers. And then it rained. And then I decided to go back and recapture the flowers as close as possible to the original compositions, but with the moisture. As you'll see, the lighting and comps changed slightly from some to some.

I've paired the images that are both dry and wet. The others are, well, others . . .

All with the Canon 30D and Canon 100 f2.8 macro, iso100-200, various apertures, all handheld, some with rests

Canada mayflower (false lily of the valley)

2532322127_1205d2d120_o.jpg

Wood anemone, one of the most delicate of spring flowers

2532341347_178c559575_o.jpg

Jack-in-the-pulpit emerging, with background birches

2533151626_52a1f77763_o.jpg

Among the most ancient of plants, the horsetail

2532330685_bbd2087b60_o.jpg

The wild plum

2532340667_40dcf0650d_o.jpg

Marsh marigolds in profusion

2533155222_578eeec170_o.jpg

Great looking stuff Steve. Makes me itch for a good macro lense.

Interesting comparisons. The light looks identical but I like the addition of the rain to these.

I agree, the rain makes the difference. The added texture is great. The wild plum is my favorite.

Thanks guys. I was especially happy the light was nice in the before and after shots so the comparisons could be very close. The skies turned partly cloudy so I could just wait for the right light. I used a diffusion disc on the before shots, and if I got impatient waiting for the light to change, using the diffuser again on the after shots to help things along evened it right out. gringrin

Plus, all the before and after flowers were within 50 feet of each other, which made it really easy.

Some of these look darker on my monitor after posting them than they did during pp. My bad.

Great stuff Steve! Water/moisture does bring a lot of different texture into a photo, thanks for sharing!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 9" gill, cpr'ed.  Not bad for a metro lake.
    • The Russians have released this photo of Trump in a Moscow hotel with a hooker.     I take it all back, fella's ..   You where right !        
    • I No problem with that either will do that I can get around 400" of ice per 4ah battery. Eat your cake!
    • Proving these investments sat on the table waiting for a business friendly environment.   Which obama administration has been anything but.. (friendly)  
    • Waiting for some of your mathematical calculations showing how the national debt won't be a problem, given the projected path of the debt and interest rates.    
    • New ABC / WaPo Poll Shows Drop In Trump Favorability Courtesy Of Aggressive "Oversamples" Jan 17, 2017 3:42 PM   In the month leading up to the election on November 8th, we repeatedly demonstrated how the mainstream media polls from the likes of ABC/Washington Post, CNN and Reuters repeatedly manipulated their poll samples to engineer their desired results, namely a large Hillary Clinton lead (see "New Podesta Email Exposes Playbook For Rigging Polls Through 'Oversamples'" and "ABC/Wapo Effectively Admit To Poll Tampering As Hillary's "Lead" Shrinks To 2-Points").  In fact, just 16 days prior to the election an ABC/Wapo poll showed a 12-point lead for Hillary, a result that obviously turned out to be embarrassingly wrong for the pollsters. But, proving they still got it, ABC/Washington Post and CNN are out with a pair of polls on Trump's favorability this morning that sport some of the most egregious "oversamples" we've seen.  The ABC/Wapo poll showed an 8-point sampling margin for Democrats with only 23% of the results taken from Republicans...   ...while the CNN poll showed a similar 8-point advantage for Democrats with only 24% of respondents identifying as Republicans.      
    • Commutes manning sentence - for providing wikileaks information.   Punishes the "russians" - for providing wikileaks information.   Maybe the lib-tards will wake up and smell the coffee.   See that they are being played like a violin...   https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=263&iso=20170120T12&msg=Time left until Obama leaves office    
    • If you believe it is a moral consideration that is one thing.  You have your beliefs.     If you contend that it is a practical reason, then facts are required.   Totally different. I thought you were making a fact based practical point.  
    • You see the sharp tail grouse there I heard there is some but never seen them
  • Our Sponsors