• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2002 Lund Pro V

Duncan7709

I am in the market for my first boat and saw a boat that looked very nice for what I thought was a reasonable price. It is a 2002 Lund Pro V with a 2002 50 HP Evenrude and 2002 trailer. Also with a bow mount trolling motor. My question about how much is this boat worth? Thanks

As much as you're willing to pay.:)

What is the condition of said boat? length? any extras?

I would first look online at some of the boat buying sites and NADA and see what similar boats are gong for.

You didn't see that boat in Northern WI did you? There's an identical one near me for sale but if I'm not mistaken, I think it's rated for a 75hp which is why I went in a different direction. Could be enough HP but I had 2 boats that were under powered and I wasn't happy with either.

The smallest Pro-V in 2002 was a 1775 and those were rated for a max hp of 80. The 50 may be a bit small. If it is bigger than a 1775 (like an 1800 rated for 90 hp) the 50 may be too small.

It probably depends on how big a lakes you will be fishing with. A friend of mine has a 1775 tiller with a 70 and is very happy. A 50 might be a little slow but if you mostly fish smaller lakes it should be fine, unless you have really fat friends.

If the lake is only a couple miles across, it doesn't make too much difference if the top speed is 30 or 35 or even 25. It still only takes about 5 minutes. Mille lacs or Leech is a different story.

The 50 is very likely on the small side if it's an 1800. If it's between 17 & 18 feet though it is likely a 1775. The 50 will work, but it'll tend to be toward the slow side. Maybe 30 mph?

marine_man