• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What bird was it?

mnhunter2

Too cool. Was just about to post another what the heck am I seeing post but first decided to look at this post. An orchard oriole was what had me pondering. Going to pull out the big bird book to see what I can find out about them. First time bird for me along with some american redstarts that were a bit tricky to ID. Both bird are fairly skittish to get a real good eyeball view. Thanks for the pic.

I also saw a pair of those today when I was golfing at the Territories Golf Course in St. Cloud. I wasn't sure what they were and looked it up in my bird book and they were American Redstarts.

P.S. On hole nine I got a double eagle !!!!!!!!!!

Dirtball, they are different species.

The key difference is the color of the orange. The orchard oriole has a darker, duller orange, almost a chestnut color, while the Baltimore oriole is a bright, loud orange. The orchard has a solid black tail, the Baltimore a tail with both black and orange (best seen in flight).

The orchard is less common, too.

I also saw a pair of those today when I was golfing at the Territories Golf Course in St. Cloud. I wasn't sure what they were and looked it up in my bird book and they were American Redstarts.

P.S. On hole nine I got a double eagle !!!!!!!!!!

congrates on the double eagle, I have never done that.