Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinlarry

Cedar Lake, Aitkin

8 posts in this topic

I don't know populations, but there's a little rumor going around that it's a decent lake to hit when the wind is blowing on that other muskie lake. You can always count on some bonus pike too.

you would not be wasting your time

yep - it's on the southwest end i believe - if you search the mn dnr site the lake info area will give you the locations for the landings

I used to live about a mile from Cedar, and used to fish it several times a week. Have moved now, so don't get over there much anymore. The lake has a decent population of muskies. Tons of structure in there. Points. Islands. Weedy bays. Saddles. Open water. You could really find them anywhere in there. Like all the musky lakes around here, it has seen a huge increase in fishing pressure over the past few years. Try to hit it during the week if you can. I'd say average size is low forties in there. Although there are a few 50's in the lake (caught by the DNR spring census the past few years) they are rare and hard to come by.

Good luck,

It's a pretty lake! It isn't very wide, but it is long. Like mentioned before, lots of points, saddles, islands, weeds, you name it on this lake