• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Fish w/ Jig Photos

I went down to the ole miss today to test out some of the jigs I've been making and caught my first fish on them. It was just a 13" smallmouth but man, was it exciting. That's what it's all about. I never got into molding jigs for any sort of cost benefit, there really isn't any, but rather for the satisfaction of catching a fish on a lure that I made. I'm sure you all know the feeling, but I am so excited I just had to post about it. WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No pics yet Deitz, I'll work on that.

Yeah, I am "hooked" on making jigs. Just poured another 85 of 'em last night. I used no.2 hooks with these. If the weather is crappie we just sit in the garage, watch baseball, and pour jigs.

Okay, here they are. Left to right they are:

1/8 oz. chartruese/glitter no.1 hook,

chartruese no. 4 hook,

glow chartruese,

glow,

glow blue,

glow blue/glow orange,

glow red,

glow orange,

flame red(vinyl)no.1,

Glow chartruese w/ orange eye(vinyl) no.1,

and 1/4 oz. glow chartruese no.1 hook.

They are powder coated except where noted.

100_0612-1.jpg

I had better pics (closer and in smaller groups) but they didn't load for me, so this is all I got right now.

Smallie was caught on the one with the eye! Tipped it with a YUM Crawbug.

I tied these up last week and fished one just like the one on top on Monday. Got a 14" Smallmouth to hit the glow chartreuse/black 1/8oz. #2 hook. The one on the bottom(glow white/black) was my first attempt at tying. Came out okay, I guess. After that one I tied two of the other color. I used what they call strung marabou. I don't know if i did it totally "correct" but, it caught a fish. Looks just like a leech on a jig head in the water. Which is what I was going for, so I'm pretty happy with the results.

000_0006.jpg