• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins management

bassislife

Is anyone else fed up with the twins management? Over the last couple of years I've constantly been noticing dumb moves made by the management and Gardenhire. Take last nights game for example. Why in the world would you take Blackburn out when there is one out and no runs yet? Ya, there were men on first and second, but why not give him a chance. One ground ball would have set up the DP and he would have had a shutout. IMO, [PoorWordUsage] call by Gardenhire, but whats new. And sure enough, as soon as Nathan gets in(don't get me wrong, Nathan is a great closer) first pitch and an inside the park homerun. Yes, twins won but they could have lost just as easily. I know i've been rambling here, but dang it I'm fed up with the twins management and some of the decisions the make and would like some input. If it's just me i'll shut up.

On the otherhand, Blackburn is getting up in pitch count, has blown up before and the ball is starting to rise in the strike zone. Let him pitch to another batter or two and we loose 4-3. Then everyone would be complaining about leaving him in too long. You have a stud for a closer, use him, we did, good call. Ok, Nathan screwed up by giving up 3 runs but the decision to put him in was a good one.

From what I saw it wasn't Nathan that gave up the runs. It was a foolish play by Young. He did not have to dive for that ball in the corner. If he played it safe and just kept the ball in front of him the Twins would have had maybe a 1 or 2 run lead. Instead he dives for it and they score 3. It was a bad decision made by an inexperienced player. I have been impressed with the management of the Twins so far this year. The thing to remember is that there are a lot of new people on this team that didn't come up with the Twins mentality of playing baseball. It will come around and then watch out.

I agree with Cobb, Young needed to not be the hero and play that ball off the bounce.

I also liked the move by Gardy, why not turn it over to Nathan? He is one of the best in the game in tight situations, it just didn't happen for him last night.

I liked the move too because it gave Blackburn a no decision at the very least. I think it would have been tough on him to go into the 9th with a 3-0 lead and end up losing the game. So for that reason too, I liked the move. But that is just my .02 worth...

The only move and right move was to start Nathan in the 9th. He is a top notch closer and getting good money. He pitches 1 inn and thats the 9th. It's been Gardy's deal for the last 5 years. He shouldn't care about shoutouts, complete games etc. He's your closer pitching 2-3 times a week, use him that way.

Like when he took blackburn out in the ninth two nights ago and put in nathan, only to have nathan give up three runs immediately. I mean just let the guy finish his shutout and complete game.

Like when he took blackburn out in the ninth two nights ago and put in nathan, only to have nathan give up three runs immediately. I mean just let the guy finish his shutout and complete game.

Ok what would happen if he left him in there and Blackburn gave up a homer, then everyone would be saying- why did they leave him in there, isnt this why we paid the best closer in baseball to close out the games!

As was said before, the right move was to put Nathan in to start the ninth but Gardy wanted to give the young kid a chance to get tht complete game shutout. It may have been Nathan's pitch that gave up the 3 runs but two are charged to Blackburn (rightfully) and if there was justice the 3rd would be charged to Young for not playing according to the situation. If there is a coachine failure it is not reminding Young of the situation. I don't recall exacty when in my 23 years of organized baseball that I learned it but I know it was early on when coaches told me that in a situation like that nothing gets behind you.

You're right MJ, there are too many good things to be said about Pohlad to list. The man is THE baseball icon for Minnesota. His wise spending and knowledge of the game will ensure that baseball stays in Minnesota for a long time.

I quess I would rather of seen blackburn lose the game, instead of nathan. I agree that either he should of started nathan in the ninth or let the rookie finish what he started.

Quote:
I quess I would rather of seen blackburn lose the game, instead of nathan. I agree that either he should of started nathan in the ninth or let the rookie finish what he started.

what he said! Nathan starts the 9th or let Blackburn try to finish it.

Except the twins didn't LOSE! I would have liked to see Blackburn get a chance to finish the game. Only on the fact that he started the ninth and he hadn't given up anything all game.

He barely hit a guy and then a dribbler through the infield.

Oh well.

Slowey that fool couldn't even pitch a shutout. I am so sick of these pitchers that allow a run in the ninth inning...what junk. hehe

Gardy is really tickin' me off lately. Why does he rely on JUAN RINCON so often?!?!?! We all know by now that he's not a good pitcher without steroids. I really hope we cut ties with that pile of [PoorWordUsage] soon. He's awful.

Gardy is really tickin' me off lately. Why does he rely on JUAN RINCON so often?!?!?! We all know by now that he's not a good pitcher without steroids. I really hope we cut ties with that pile of [PoorWordUsage] soon. He's awful.

We really could use Liriano after the all-star break.

We really could use Liriano after the all-star break.

Problem is he is really tearing up minor leaguers that will never even sniff the major league level, when he was called up earlier this season the "big leaguers" tore him a new one. Liriano will probably never be the same again, which is a huge shame.