• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last day of the MN season!!

Powerstroke

I am archery hunting but for anyone with an archery tag or the H season gun tag, either way, tomorrow is the last day of the season.

I have to admit I will still be out chasing a tom, but its been worth it. I've hunted 11 of the 13 days so far during the archery season in 4 different spots.

I've got one last chance before its tag soup. Good luck to all the last day hunters and congrats to all those who have connected this season in MN and elsewhere. The stories have been fantastic!!

I won't say the frustration is over since I did not harvest a bird, but it will be nice to finally sleep in. I don't have to be to work till 5am tomorrow. That means I'm gonna get an extra hour of sleep.

Well the last afternoon was uneventful for me. I did have a group of turkeys on the wrong side of the property line that wouldn't cross over. The end of turkey season is bittersweet for me. I wish I could still be chasing the longbeards but chasing eyes is very nice as well. laugh

I will say my last day was exciting. I had the same group of 2 toms and 4 hens hang out in the usual spot all morning. They wanted none of what I was selling so I left empty-handed. Harvesting a bird is icing on the cake, but the excitement is in watching these birds and listen to them gobble their heads off for hours at a time.

One of my last times out, I had 6 longbeards all within 50-60 yards of me, all gobbling at the same time...pretty cool! None of them got to ride in my truck. frown

Andy, we worked at that development I took yo too twice this week and both times we had Tom's within 100 yards of us struttion for hens. The builder called to let me know there were 5 long beards in the backyard of the model on Tuesday. I was so busy this week I couldn't even make time to get out once more to try and get one witht he bow... I guess there is always next year.

Good Luck!

Ken