• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Woodtick Warning.

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to pass on that the woodticks are very ferocious this year. I was out on Saturday with 2 other people walking through the praries and found many many many woodticks. I personally picked off 14 woodticks. The other 2 had less but I had the camera was up to my arse in grass most of the days. I ahve not had a combined 14 ticks in the last 14 years but for some reason they are really bad this year. I have found almost 20 altogher this year on my self. (heck mabye I just stink) But any way just a warning.

Make sure your dogs are protected. A box of frontline is much cheaper than lime disease treatment.

Quote:
Make sure your dogs are protected. A box of frontline is much cheaper than lime disease treatment.
Very true, my Golden Retriever contracted Lymes this spring and is one week into her three week treatment program. Make sure your dogs are being tested for Lymes when having bloodwork done for Heartworm.

P.S. Frontline costs me $57.00 at my vet, $37.00 at Fleet Farm and I'll bet that 1-800 petmeds deal is cheaper yet.

You should also be aware that another tick borne infection, called anaplasmosis, is on the rise in MN as well.

From the American Lyme Disease Assn."Onset of anaplasmosis generally begins within a week of a tick bite, and often includes fever, severe headaches, malaise, muscle pains, and chills."

My husband contracted it last summer and it took most of the summer to get a diagnosis since it's relatively rare here. But treatment with antibiotics is very successful smile