• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

June poll for photo challenge

Here is my first go at showing photos here on hotspotoutdoors so bear with me if I have problems. C&C is always welcome since I wish to improve on my photography skills. Thanks.

IMG_0494.jpg

Camera Model Name:

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi

Shooting Date/Time: 6/12/2008 20:56:00

Tv(Shutter Speed): 1/30Sec.

Av(Aperture Value): F13

Exposure Compensation: 0

ISO Speed: 100

Lens: Tamron 70 - 300

Focal Length: 76.0 mm

Image size: 4272 x 2848

Flash: Off

AF mode

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeeDee you just need to use the image button on the full screen reply, fourth from the left. Just copy the image address you had in the box that opens, its that easy. Use the edit button and you can see what using that button does, it enters the img tags before and after your image.

Great shots again this month. Geez, DeeDee, you should be running for cover. Here's my try. It actually might be cheating. This is two photos over Little Dtroit Lake stitched together with the panarama feature of my software. My Fuji S700 couldn't get wide enough to capture the thunderclouds between the horizon and the main cloud on the left side and still get the neat color variations of the clouds on the right side. So, I took two and merged them together to create a wide shot. The software worked very well. I had to clean up a couple of areas but not too much work. C&C welcome.

Image002.jpg

Great photos everyone! Heres mine for this month. Taken on the way home last week...

p6141472do1.jpg

They were taken in may but heres a few "cloud" ones from last month...

My dad fly fishing as a storm rolls in...

p5211120bd2.jpg

A beutifull day on the river...

p5301269vi3.jpg

This photo was taken near Grand Rapids last week. A line of severe storms passed to the west of us that evening. Once the sun hit the horizon, the sky had the glow of a nuclear bomb detonation (not that I have actually witnessed one) grin

Photo taken with Canon 30D, Canon 100-400L, ISO 800, 115mm focal length, 1/250 @ f/5.6

IMG_575601.jpg

Here's my first monthly submission. I'm trying for just a cloud shot. Rebel XTi. ISO 100, 10.0, 1/320, 38mm Tokina 28-210, Auto. Mode:Landscape. Any C&C is OK

IMG_1174.jpg

Ok All, here is my addition to the cloud theme. The Shot was Taken in the North Unit of the Theodore Rosevelt National Park.

Taken Handheld with a Canon XTi, 17-85 IS USM, Hoya Circular Polarizer. ISO 200, F11, 1/250 sec. Taken at 17mm.

99254244.jpg

Well, it's down to the wire but I finally found some clouds that were interesting. I was in the Black Hills for a week and it sure seemed like there were a lot neater clouds out there. This is a shot of the Corn Palace in Mitchell. There was quite a storm rolling in while I was waiting for the stinking tour bus to move.

99330709.jpg