• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

June poll for photo challenge

The voting is in and the challenge for June is Clouds !

Remember to review the guidelines before posting, ONE entry per month please, the shot must be taken in June of 2008 and if you want C&C please indicated that in your post. This topic is now un locked but will stay sticky-ed at the top. At the end of the month it will be un-stuck and allowed to fall down the threads.

Folks did well posting shots that were taken during the challenge month only! Lots of nice entries from May.

Please only photos and critiques and comments in this thread. If you have questions start a new thread to ask any questions so we can keep this clean with entries only. Remember this is open for everyone, not just owners of DSLR's. Point and shoots, disposable cameras... equipment does not matter. This is about learning new skills and getting you looking at a subject in a different light possibly. Choose your entry wisely, remember you only get ONE entry. Thanks and good luck to all!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic shots, guys!

Stormy Weater;

2560300156_1c63b7de6d.jpg

Dont know why theres no sun up in the sky

Stormy weather

Since my man and I aint together,

Keeps rainin all the time

Life is bare, gloom and misry everywhere

Stormy weather

Just cant get my poorself together,

Im weary all the time

So weary all the time

When he went away the blues walked in and met me.

If he stays away old rockin chair will get me.

All I do is pray the lord above will let me walk in the sun once more.

Cant go on, evry thing I had is gone

Stormy weather

Since my man and I aint together,

Keeps rainin all the time

as sung by Billie Holiday

Yes,It certainly is one beautiful camping spot....I was there last week for 5 days...a canoe outfitter out of Crane Lake hauled me, canoe, and gear up there,dropped me off...picked me up 5 days later....Brown's bay on Sand Point Lake.. Voyageurs Park...10 miles north from the nearest road....just a great place to sit and meditate on a quiet evening....been going there for over 30 years... grin

Johnny, I have to admit that spending any amount of time in the Precambrian Shield is pure quality time! I have been privilged to have grown up in an a region where the shield country is only a very short driver away. I never have and never will tire from hiking and travelling through it, A mighty hand was at work when the shield country came to be!

Thanks for sharing that one...

When it comes to clouds, there are no limitations for they come in every concievable color and configuration. At times their colors can be so indepth they will stop you dead in your tracks in order to admire their colorful display. It's that time of year when the weather becomes eratic and thunderstorms become much more defined and intense. Such was the case in my region yesterday evening and the results were quite spectacular. The entire 360 degree horizon was putting on some form of a display. From rainbows to far off lightning strikes, it was an awesome specticle. Near sunset, I kept my focus and attention on a very active storm cell that was far off to the south east. As it drew nearer, it soon became clear that it had all sorts of potentials for something good. It didn't disappoint!

One IMPORATNT NOTE: One should always carry a tripod or a the very least a monopod. As the light continued to drecrease during this session, it became increasingly difficult to hold the camera steady on slow shuter speeds. It ended up costing me some priceless shots!!!

259_5954-1.jpg