• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some Questions about pbase.

I have some questions about pbase. I have been using photobucket for a couple of years I guess, and I am tired of all the darn advertising and I know some of you guys use Pbase.

So some questions:

1.) Are you happy with pbase

2.) any cons to using pbase

3.) What package would a person normally need? 500 mb enough?

Do they let you know if you are full?

Any help answering these questions would be appreciated.

Hi Paul.

1. Yes, very happy w/Pbase... excellent worldwide exposure, I've received a fair amount of requests through that site... the Google search bots can get through and find your images easilly... something about tableless CSS code maybe?

2. The heavy $20.00 fee it costs per year... just kidding, no cons whatsoever.

3.I think I have the 500MB package and have used up 338 MB to date... but I have alot of images out there... 500 MB is plenty if you are saving your re-sized images for the web there... which I recommend.

4. Don't know, haven't gotten to the full point yet.

Hope this helped.

Yes That helps. I was looking at the pro subscription to photobucket at $25.00 a year but I like the fact with pbase you can direct someone to your images with a simple url such as pbase/egotistical_maniacle_picutretakingdude.com (that is made up don't go there). I Think I will renew my trial sub and go from there. Thanks for your help Buzz.

Paul, Pbase is great. I have been revamping my site lately and it's nice because you can do a lot of different things to make the site your own. Check out mine for an example. The address is in my signature.

As far as the 500mb goes, it's great plenty. I have 400 photos on mine and I'm using less than 100mb. It's good to have your resized images on there to help prevent people from stealing them. They can still steal them but they're only going to get maybe 4x6 print.

The only con is that if you want to use it to post pictures to a forum I haven't found an easy way to do it. It seems kind of like a lot of messing around so I still post my images to photobucket to put on forums.

Check it out the $22 a year is well worth it.

I would take a look at Smugmug as well. I've got a few accounts through them and my professional site is through them. A lot that you can do with the look of your site and if you decide to start selling everything is in place. Just another option that is worth looking into.

Quote:
The only con is that if you want to use it to post pictures to a forum I haven't found an easy way to do it. It seems kind of like a lot of messing around so I still post my images to photobucket to put on forums.

actually thats easy to do... you copy the info in your http://and the info that follows and you enter .jpg and your golden.... no more photobucket neccessary. grin