• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you could bring just one...

If you could bring just 1 lure to Lake Of The Woods on the Canadian side in some secluded areas what would that bait be? I know it would depend on the time of year so lets just say in the Spring... I'm looking to get a few more lures to add to the box like i do every year.

Thanks for the help!

Ryan

For all day fishability in slop and on the rocks I would choose a heavy spinnerbait. Probably a Rad Dog in black and chartruse wink Bang it off the rocks and thru the slop. I would choose the heavy single spin.

If given 2 lures I would switch up to a Double Cowgirl and a Topraider.

Definitely not a tough one... Majority of you already know what Im going to say here... grin

PINK/PINK COWGIRL

Definitely cant go wrong with this one... This lure has been HOT for me in 2007 once I got that one... Always will have a spot in my box... always will be with me when Im fishing for Muskies...

This may sound odd but I would probably bring a super spook in the 5 or 6" version blue and silver color. I caught alot of musky and northern on it up there last year... Either that or a 5 of diamonds spoon.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Man those cowgirls are expensive! I have never used one but have heard a lot about them. What makes them better than a normal bucktail just the added flash?

Thanks

Ryan

There's no way to describe it until you try it yourself. The amount of water it moves is truly impressive (and also it's resistance to being reeled in). It's easier to reel in a hammerhandle that just ate your topwater than it is to pull this thing in on a normal retrieve. Even double 8's aren't much of a comparison to it. It really costs the same as two smaller bucktails, so it isn't that bad. I wouldn't go out and buy ten of them, but it'd be a good idea to have at least 1 in your box.

The one, the only.........BOBBIE BAIT!!! Incredible jerkbait that has been producing fish for many, many years and has probably been my best LOTW producer. Can troll them in the fall as well, so just a bonus.

You could make a good living on LOTW with just a spinnerbait.

Black/orange with flame blade is my choice for LOTW.

Fish rocks, cabbage, Slop, and even bulge it or gurgle it as a topwater. Spinnerbaits catch more fish for me on LOTW than anything else, but I also am throwing one 90% of the time.

Brett Waldera