• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Isn't this illegal for "campers"??

I will add that [YouNeedAuthorization] is right. Dumping any water on public land is not legal.

On the other hand, it is just soapy water. I'm sure plenty of people wash their RV's, cars, boats, etc. out on the lawn somewhere.

you can slowly dump your grey water just by opening it slightly and even screwing the cap back on but not all the way. I have done this when we stay at fairly primitive campgrounds such as forest service campgrounds. We only use biodegradeable soap in ours. Rather than dumping it in one spot at the campground it drips out all the way home. We use the pit toilets at these campgrounds as much as possible so our grey water tank fills faster. I can go a few trips before having to dump the black water tank. At a dump station, of course. If it is indeed illegal I'll stop doing it. I was told it was OK to do it. Not unlike what goes into my backyard from the septic system.

I would be very interested in finding out the law on this also I have drained grey water from my camper on the road in the past. Never Black water, grey water does have soap in it and some small food particles from the sink