• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Isn't this illegal for "campers"??

I am talking "campers" that stay in campers.

Is it legal for them to drain their "water" down coutry roads?

I saw two this last weekend that "open" their water...drvie down the gravel road until it is empty...they close it again.

I got their camper license plate. Can I turn them in if this is illegal??

If its the water holding tank for drinking etc.I'd rather see it drained down the road,So the camp sites arent muddy.But the sewer holding tank I'd turn em in, in a minute.Kinda hard to tell unless ya see solids in it or maybe if ya wanna smell it.

exactly, if they are draining thier "fresh" water supply, no problem. if they are draining either of their "holding" tanks, big problem. if it was a slow flow, it was likely the fresh water tank, I do that myself when leaving the campground. if it was a faster flow, it was a wastewater holding tank and a big no-no!!

"Fresh" water ok, "Grey" water not so much, "Black" water NO

I was told grey is nothing more than soapy water out of the sink, so was told grey was ok. Was I told wrong?

It is illegal to dump "grey" water in St. & Corp parks on the ground, why I don't know, but, most parks have a dump station where you can empty the holding tanks, why run down the road & dump the tanks.

Most real tent campers don't shower or just use the lake. All soap used by me is "healthy" for the enviroment.

Have I done my "business" in my own woods? Yes. Have I spread fertilizer on my field. Yes.

But, there is just something about a camper driving down the road and dumping whatever...right in front of home and land that is not theirs.

I was informed by a campground owner about it. Told me that a new law was passed to not allow grey water dump on ground anymore. He said that many pop up people are using 5 gal buckets to hold the drain water then dumping it in the dump stations. Also he said they are kicking people out of the campground for letting the drain water out on the ground.I have not seen anything in writing about this

I hope it's a new law. I've been in a number of state parks and where people have the drain hose running out the side of tent campers to get rid of sink waste and I'm pretty sure it has been against the park rules.

There used to be drain spots along the roads in state parks for dish water but I'm thinking they dug them up.

I would bet that what you saw were folks draining the fresh water tanks. To stop ones RV get out and open the black or grey tank would be foolish unless one likes to have sh--y shoes and socks. That tank drops its load in a heart beat, by the time one could get back in the RV and drive off it would be a done deal. The fresh tank drains much slower. It is a simple task to check the road to see whats there. If it was the black tank there would be T. paper and you know what all over.

The last thing I do when leaving the dump station, after dumping the black water and the grey water, is to pop the plug on the fresh water holding tank. Water is 8 pounds to the gallon, why should I haul that home? It has only a 1/2 inch output valve, it will drain for a long time. And as someone else said, if you did that to the grey water valve, it would all woosh out in a hurry.

I agree, it is probably the fresh water or even the water heater tank. The gray and black water empty way too fast. Plus, most people empty the big tanks before leaving the camp grounds. One other point, what do you think when someone drives by and their boat is leaking water.... it is a law that says all water has to be drained from the boat.... If it was [PoorWordUsage], turn 'em in, if it was clean water, thank them for wattering your grass.

I would bet it was the gray water. You can put it at a slow empty. I never do, because people might think it is black water. AS far as dumping on a gravel road, that is state or county property, not personal property.

The black water also turns into all fluid in no time, but it smells horrible.

How about this....does anyone know where the fluids end up in the end? It is probably close to your home, just watered down very well. I use my field for this right before it rains.

It's amazing how some people think this stuff just goes up in thin air.