• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tired Pup

walleyes12

You will be wishing for this when he/she is about 6-8 months old and wondering why he/she is not tired yet. This is when it flip flops

Normal - Yes.

They are fun though. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thats where I am at with my 9 month old Brittany! She don't lay down untill about 10:00 at night and then she finally crashes.

No kidding - my 10 month old Springer is JUST starting to settle down a little bit - but just a little bit. I still have to exercise him for about an hour in the morning and at night. I found a big old slingshot that shoots tennis balls (Hyper-dog) and use that. I know, I know, I'm risking a hard mouth - but at this point, I'm willing to risk it.

Plus - it's fun watching him make those 50 yard retrieves....

Have fun with the Springer pup - they don't make them much cuter...

Sand Creek Spaniels by Kilkenny. Very nice dogs - I'm pleased so far.

He still has tons of go - I'm just seeing him become a little more calm. When I go out to train, I find that he's much better after he gets a lot of exercise.

Smoke20 - that's a nice looking pup you have.

I have had two from pineshadows you will not find a better kennel around here, if anywhere. Orvis did research on hunting dog kennels across the country for all breeds. And they claim pine shadows is the best nationwide for springers. I am not saying that you can't get a good quality dog elsewhere for less money. But I can guarantee you, that you will not be dissapointed with one from there.

I agree with Jimmy!!! They run a first class operation and guarantee in writing that you will be satisfied with your dog!! Can't beat that!

I train my dog at Pine Shadows and I am quite pleased with the outcome. NAVHDA Prize I Natural Ability with a goal of Prize I utility next spring. Morgan and Mark know their stuff!

I have a 6 month old male sired by Pride from Pine Shadows. I have had the pleasure to talk with the folks at Pine Shadows a few times at shows and have been very impressed with them and their knowledge.

He is a great looking pup, a tri color, he also has strong prey drive. I have had him on pigeons and will be breaking him to the gun in the next few weeks.

I can not wait to get him out in the field this fall.

We ran Pride today... Yes a very nice dog...

Jimmy, Morgan is working your dog on the controlled fetch routine one the table. Normally takes 4 or 5 days... Will teach her not to drop the bird or training dummy. Most dogs need to go through this stage of training.

Finally some really nice weather to run our dogs in...but they do need lots of water to stay cool...

yes you can... The majority of the dogs sold are 8 week old puppies that go directly to their new home. This is true of most kennels. Some individuals prefer to have the dog trained before taking home.

I hope this helps!

Pine shadows won't let a puppy go home before 10 weeks. They like to keep them a little longer. It helps with there imprinting process. They actually have a massage therapist come in and massage a puppy from day six until you pick it up. It helps them get use to being handled. They have almost 25 litters of puppies a year. You can also get started dogs. My dad is actually about to do a cool process with them. They are going to allow him to put money down on a puppy. When it's his time, he is going to go up there and pick out which one he wants. They are going to keep that puppy until it is a year old. Then he will pick it up and buy it as a started dog. They are even going to let him pick her up for a few weekends and bring her back until she is a year old. The only negative about getting a puppy from pineshadows is you might possibly have to wait a little while. People come from all across the country to get springers from there. I know from the litter my last one came from, one went to texas, another to florida.