Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayinMN

A few from this morning.

5 posts in this topic

This morning I thought I would head out and look for some great gray owls that have been spotted recently and maybe some sharp tail. No luck with the owls, even had a second set of eyes looking for me. A fellow birder who guides in this area was looking for them as well for his clients. No luck for either of us. The sharp tails are about done dancing, but I did see a couple. I saw one dancing with himself in the middle of the road and two at lek, but I couldn't get any pictures. So I had to settle for these subjects.

Bobolink, these were out in great numbers.

boblink.jpg

Red wing black bird.

rwbb.jpg

Someone want to make an ID on this sparrow?

sparrow.jpg

Helmeted Guinea fowl, popular in farm country for eating ticks.

guinea.jpg

Baby Beef.

babybeef.jpg

The reason I was up at 5:00 a.m.

glamour.jpg

Cool shots! The pup is lookin at you like it is sorry for waking you so early!

Good work Jay! Twenty years ago there was an estimated 40 million Bob's traveling the great plains, today the numbers have crashed to 4 million....scary stuff!

Great shots, I like the Bobolink the best, nice detail even in the barbwire fence. Nice puppy.

DMN

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• i'll come hell ya leech!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Bureaucrate-   Correctly me if I'm wrong, weren't you a huge advocate against AIS lawd and allowing the DNR to pull over fishermen and boats for an inspection? But you are okay with them pulling over deer hunters?    Sounds like anything they do, you are against. If they said black, you'd say white...
    • The 2016 Libertarian Party is Starting! Started by Big Dave2, April 12, 2015   Is this post even relative anymore or has it ever really been? May as well just delete it and save some site Band width!
    • Same circuit as the freezer?!! Oh no no no......!!! They kick in at the same time, and  *TRIP* Always have the pump on a separate circuit!!  As mentioned, GFCI is what code calls for, but sometimes dampness will pop one, rare, but I've seen it happen. I nixed the GFCI on mine when I ran a separate circuit for just the pump. That should solve your problem. 
    • I am from Richland Center.
      I have 2 2500 stradics in dis-repair.
      Both bales refuse to return to closed.
      Heard it may be simple as a spring.
      I am kinda cheap….if costs a lot to fix i will buy new reel. Anyone know somewhat local repair person that is reasonable?
    • Well you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.  
    • Another one thawing.  made this one for my nephew but will keep it for me. So will have another one in the brine in a couple days. 
    • It's a little early to be hitting the bottle don't you think?  Believe in Trump and you'll feel better.
    • Ok I'll save you from dying. Where can i pick it up? 
    • I use to work on all aluminum body fire trucks.  The only screw, bolt, washer, or nut that we would use was stainless steel as the by using anything else will allow electrolysis to start from dissimilar metals and corrode.  Only problem was the strength of the SS is not as high as regular steel.  Also if you are using SS, i would only use bees wax as a lube.  I use to buy it in a block, and just rub the threads on the screw before putting in the hole.  If you don't, you may find that the threads gall up and strip out.  Then you have issues cause it can be tough to drill out a broken SS screw.  If you have a bunch to do, i found that a combination drill/tap was very useful.  It will drill the hole and tap at one shot.  Here is what they look like.  Good luck. http://www.graybar.com/store/en/gb/combination-drill-tap-bits-22082167?cm_mmc=pla:google-_-googleshopping-_-gb5349-_-22082167&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Graybar>PLA>Category&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=fto6JW9w|pcrid|49843833890|pkw||pmt|&gclid=CPzt0MP72tACFYKSfgodC4MH_g
  • Our Sponsors