• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mercury Warranty Experience

wannaeye

Anyone have recent warranty experience with Mercury??

I have a 150 Opti in the shop right now waiting on a diagnosis, but I think it's bad.

Any warrenty info would be great, THANKS.

Lots of factors on this...

If you're under warranty yet you should be just fine... unless the dealer finds what could be construed as abusive (not saying there is) use of the motor, based on the RPM trace & time there.

If yo'ure outside of warranty it'll depend on how far out of warranty, what the rpm data shows & what the failure is. I've heard of guys having parts covered but not labor, etc.

Good luck!

marine_man

I should have metioned I own an 06 150 that I bought new last year, so I'm one year into a 5 year warraty. I have run it pretty soft since it was new, so it hasn't had alot of abuse. (I like to cruise around with the kids at about 30mph, and I can get that doing about 4000 rpms, and it sure saves on the gas!!)

walligator, imho I will be having the samething done, but I'm waiting for the dealer diagnosis. Did you have yours done at a local dealer??

Thanks!!

The #4 cylinder went,but they decided to replace the entire powerhead in case there was any other internal damage.Mercury dealer in Anoka,they did a great job but it took 2-weeks to ship it on a truck line to Anoka and than they had to schedule an install.