• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing over Memorial Weekend

We fished over the weekend on a couple different lakes. We fished Winni and had moderate success in front of Highbanks with the largest fish being 23" on Saturday. It was a fun day and even after a liberal dosing of sunscreen, I got quite sunburnt (no pics-thank goodness). We also went crappie fishing on a very small local lake near the cabin and while we didn't catch a ton, it was a fun day! I love crappie fishing! Jim's brother and his wife and boys stayed up at the cabin this weekend also. What did everyone else do?

Good to hear you had good luck. I got out with Walli1 on the croix yesterday and had a great walleye day. Walli1 caught a 24", my best was a 20.5". Very good day for me on the water.

I went up to the cabin and after we put in the dock and boatlift, I took my 8 year old neice and 4 year old nephew into town to pick up bait. My nephew had never been in a bait shop before and as soon as he walked in he said in his loud voice "it stinks in here", everyone had a good chuckle. When I finally got the kids set up to fish, I tossed out a sucker minnow and almost forgot about it, I turned and sure enough the bobber was down. It was a 3lb 11oz Nothern and it sure impressed the kids. Didn't catch much after that but the kids had fun, especially watching me filet the fish.

Lisa sounds like a great weekend! I got in a bit of fishing. Scott and I are headed to Mill Lacs Wed. night for a few days.

Just wait till you hook a big lg mouth or a smallie, they are a blast, I love bass fishing, and from the kayak it's even more exciting.

my boat's ( kayak ) name is - just Bass'n thru - grin

I didn't go fishing at all cry. Friday I fixed the garage door handle, and put the bumper the "old grouch" bought for the lawn mower on, planted some plants. Saturday I got up and the weather looked kinda dicey so I figured maybe not, took the 4 wheeler out instead goofed around in the forest looking for rocks, mushrooms, and wolf tracks. It started to clear up and I thought hmmm maybe now, checked the battery on the boat..........dead! Good thing though as the weather turned nasty. Sunday it was so cold I didn't feel like going out so I did laundry and some blasting around here. Oh yeah and had to fix the other garage door handle cause the old grouch managed to pull that one loose too. Cheap doors from a big box company M.